Madison's 2010 Uniform

Actually I took the top photo at prelims in 1981 and was surprised when the second photo turned up taken from a similar angle at almost the same time!

Edit: oops, Sue you said that already!!

No problem, Dan. I remembered both photos because I thought that was such a cool thing to see in that some old corps photos thread (one of many): two such similar photos finally meeting up here on DCP!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, were have I seen that look before.......Don't tell me, it's coming to me.......

If I read the story line correctly, it looks as if Madison donated the 07' unies to you guys? I didn't think Madison owned them in the first place.......Hmmmmm?

I bet the Fleur-De-Lis on the chest had something to do with it?

Oh.....And I liked the rendition of Birdland......Nice solos!

It IS kinda a natural fit....

76madsopcopy.jpg

An Iconic Madison Pic, Spats dont seem to be any problem here!

I know this photo was shot in 1976 but can only name 2 guys in the photo, Todd Ryan far right and Tony King 3rd from right.

Can any alumni from back in the day help me out with the others.

I know this photo was shot in 1976 but can only name 2 guys in the photo, Todd Ryan far right and Tony King 3rd from right.

Tom Brown, Jim Webb, Gary Lee and Chris Metzger, I believe

Mike.....I'm pretty sure the guy on Todd Ryan's right elbow is none other then Brad Share and I believe that the guy on Tony King's right elbow is Scott Beckman........I'm having trouble remembering the name of the next guy to the right. I remember him vividly because he was one of the tallest guys, if not the tallest in the corps in 76'. These are all first sop's. I saw in another post that some of these guys are Jim Webb (where's Webb?), Chris Metzger, etc, etc........No, No and No......Number one, we all know that Metzger had in his contract that he wouldn't lift his heel above ankle (it's true....) and that he would be permanently parked on the 50. Jim Webb had already aged out and was instructing in 76'.

Edited by Mad75

Number one, we all know that Metzger had it in his contract that he would not lift his heel above ankle (it's true....) and that he would be permanently parked on the 50,

Wow, there's a bit of trivia I'd never heard before!

I know I said this over in the other thread, but if I was going to update a "classic" Madison look, I would have done the 88-02 uniforms. C'mon, they wore those for 15 years - just as long as the older style that everyone is calling classic Madison. And those were just as recognizable while being minor-enhancements away from being ready to go in a modern context.

That said, it's not like I'm suddenly rooting for them to fail if they use older uniforms - the early 80's dark-on-dark look has just never really grown on me.

Mike

I would agree with this. Though i actually really liked the ones from 03-05, and thought they shouldve just kept those.

Well I just watched '75 Whitewater (from the DCI documentary of Scouts facebook page) and during the opener they have 2 or 3 shots of Chris (on the 50 of course)

and he & Moto have their feet up to their knees (or pretty #### close) so I guess that "fact" can be put to rest. I do agree with your with Brad S. pick and Scotty makes sense

so we're down to 2 guys we need to figure out on the left side. I do have one of the "Old School" tee shirts with that image.

Sorry endy 29, I think all the guys you have listed except Metzger were gone by 76 and of course he's on the 50.

Edited by bass5

Wow, there's a bit of trivia I'd never heard before!

Inside joke of course.......Chris got a lot of abuse for never lifting his legs and for low elbows, and some would say, his apparent belief that he didn't need to (a discussion for another day at ye local pub). After all, Chris lived up front and on the 50!