Madison's 2010 Uniform

i dont want to see the glassmen blue uniforms again

With the Kaiser helmets?

I would love....LOVE to see BD in the 80s unis

But Cadets.....I mean, do you REALLY want the kids in 2022 to wear uniforms older that they would be, held together with spit, bailing wire, and a thousand safety pins like in th 80s??

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to uniforms & spats! I believe it was 1976 when the Scouts went to the shorter spat shown in this photo.

The ones we wore in 75 were about 3 of 4 inches taller. I believe in 76 some wore the shorter and some the taller ones.

I hope they use the taller ones because I remember the pants legs sitting on top of the short ones sometimes.

Hmmm. My spats look just like the ones in this photo, and I wore the same spats from 1969 through 1974 (literally the same pair). Maybe in 1975 there was a temporary switch to taller spats?

Hmmm. My spats look just like the ones in this photo, and I wore the same spats from 1969 through 1974 (literally the same pair). Maybe in 1975 there was a temporary switch to taller spats?

Gary, maybe you're right and they started using some taller ones in 1975. Possibly I'm so short that I just thought mine were tall.

Possibly I'm so short that I just thought mine were tall.

Heh, heh. That made me laugh Mike. Though as you know I can give you a run for the money in the "height challenged" department.

I love the idea of a throwback uniform to go with the throwback music, but I'm torn between having an updated version of the 1981 uniform vs an updated version of the 1988 version. Both are classic Scouts and both would be terrific. Oh well. No matter. It's going to be an interesting season. If nothing else I think audience response will be fantastic, even if many of them will be too young to have ever seen us perform in these uniforms.

I am personally hoping that the corps goes with something closer to the 88-02, but I marched that uniform style.

Not really digging the spat idea, but hey, if they march like badasses, then go for it.

Heh, heh. That made me laugh Mike. Though as you know I can give you a run for the money in the "height challenged" department.

Well we'll always have Mad75 and Denny to make us feel tall.

I know in the alumni corps a lot of guys didn't know I existed, they thought my bass drum had legs.

First Scout camp/auditions today and I unfortunately am sitting here working - first camp I've missed in three years.

I really hate to ask this, since I usually don't like when people do it, but can someone post a link to a picture of the new uniform? I've been looking for about fifteen minutes so that I can actually contribute to this thread...and I've failed miserably.

Same here, Gary. I don't recall a change in size of leggings during my career, 1970-1977. Can't wait to see the '81 retro look.