Has anyone received....

FYI - I just spoke with Gary at BVP videos to check on my order of the Mini Corps DVD & CD sets. Ordered them on Sept 8th and confirmation receipt stated that they would ship in 4 to 6 weeks (I'm not that naive - I believe last year I received them nine weeks after the order).

Well it's now more than ten weeks later and still no joy.

Gary said that they are being packaged for shipping today and are going out tomorrow via USPS. He said I should have mine 2 to 3 days after that.

Hopefully the quality of the recordings are acceptable. I'll post an update once I receive them.

Safe travels to everyone heading to Plymouth this weekend! :thumbup:

Enjoy,

Paul

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is when BVP doesn't respond to emails or phone calls then how do you know anyone is listening in the first place...?

Take my word for it, BVP knows.........And no, Gary doesn't look at DCP posts. Therefore, it's obvious he doesn't respond either.......................

Well, I got mine today.

Sound was awful, picture terrible.

I won't be buying any more from BVP

I say SCREW THEM........hit them where it hurts. In their POCKETS.....

Everyone should call them and CANCEL their orders!

Or call the credit card companies, and deny all the charges from BVP!!!

This REALLY sucks!

Attention Video Production Professionals:

You too can reach this target demographic by advertising on DCP.

($1 to Tom Leykis - one of Rex's favorites)

well if Mike Symonds is he media director, I'd imagine changes and improvements will be made

Got mine just today - order full Finals with vic concerts and stuff.

1. Naturally, I watched my corps first on my new Vizio TV and home theatre system. Changed sound option to Dolby Surround - awful. Anytime a corps let loose, it was distorted. ARGH!!!!!!

2. Aspect ratio??? How many people still use full screen TV's anymore? Can we PLEASE start getting some widescreen action? ARGH!!!!!

3. There was a video glitch in our performance that throws audio behind by more than a second. It happens towards the end of the opener, so everything is WAY off after that - AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I didn't notice it when I started watching the Renegades (cool opener guys, by the way - I love FFAF). I ordered a single director's copy about six weeks ago and it was perfect - what happened?

It seems that quality has either stayed the same or decreased since I started buying these expensive videos in 2000. It is definitely time for a heart-to-heart with those guys. And again, if they are outsourcing the replications, that could very likely be the issue. BVP is rushed to get the stuff out and then they either didn't check the master for quality control OR they did and the replications just sucked.

Hey, somebody out there let me know if your performance has any A/V syncing problems as well.

Edited by Reilley

Well, I got mine today.

Sound was awful, picture terrible.

I won't be buying any more from BVP

What she said.

It's very disappointing after we work so hard to put out a quality product ourselves, and are rewarded with a substandard product in return. :thumbup:

2. Aspect ratio??? How many people still use full screen TV's anymore? Can we PLEASE start getting some widescreen action? ARGH!!!!!

Sigh :tongue:

All my cameras are HD / 16:9 !!!

3. There was a video glitch in our performance that throws audio behind by more than a second. It happens towards the end of the opener, so everything is WAY off after that - AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I didn't notice it when I started watching the Renegades (cool opener guys, by the way - I love FFAF). I ordered a single director's copy about six weeks ago and it was perfect - what happened?

There is NO reason why the audio should be off. Even if it was off on the tape, it should have been corrected in post-production prior to creating the master.

At least that's what I do! :thumbup:

And again, if they are outsourcing the replications, that could very likely be the issue.

I would think not. I do my own duplication, and I've used replication houses. What goes in is what comes out.

BVP is rushed to get the stuff out and then they either didn't check the master for quality control OR they did and the replications just sucked.

Again, the replications are most likely fine ... that leaves ....

they already know. there's a new media director in DCA

Who's that?