SCV 2010 - BARTÓK

Two of my favorite pieces.

I heard the Baltimore Symphony perform the Concerto about six weeks ago with Marin Alsop conducting; Great Performance!

She also invited a folk group that plays a lot of Eastern European folk music to perform some pieces first so you could hear the folk influence in the Concerto that followed.

SCV and these two pieces will be AWESOME!!! :tongue::tongue::huh2:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear this. Regiment's use of Concerto was bold, loud, and aggressive which was just terrific. I think SCV will give us the more subtle and nuanced side of Bartok. I agree with the poster above, if you get a chance, listen and watch Center Grove HS 1997 show.

When are corps going to stop recycling the same music year after year? Their name is "Vanguard", but they always play the same music. I'm bored with the show and I haven't even seen it.

:huh2::tongue::huh2::tongue: :tongue: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'S TROLLIN'!

I like how this the EXTREME stance on "Well, the pieces were played once before in the history of DCI..."

I can't wait for the drum corps season to begin so we can deal with reality rather than assumptions

Forgive me. I forgot that you aren’t allowed to state anything positive on DCP or get to excited.

So based on:

My enjoyment of most SCV shows over the past 37 years, (I saw this corps in 73 before many of you were born)

My enjoyment of Ballet for Martha and other recent productions by SCV,

My love of Bartok’s music in general,

My fondness for the two specific pieces chosen for SCV’s 2010 production,

The current staff of SCV led by Jeff Fiedler,

And the relative consistency of the corps over the past 40+ years,

There is a very good chance that I will very much enjoy this production and it might become a favorite.

Better? :tongue::huh2::tongue:

Edited by shawn craig

When are corps going to stop recycling the same music year after year? Their name is "Vanguard", but they always play the same music. I'm bored with the show and I haven't even seen it.

I guess this is why you never marched.

I completely understand what you mean by "same music." SCV (and other corps) have a STYLE they do in their shows, but they do not necessarily play the same music every year. If you're into DCI well enough, you can pick out what corps is playing without even watching them. We can obviously hear The Cavaliers without watching them, Phantom Regiment in a heartbeat, and if you hear narration, guessing The Cadets would be a safe bet, haha....

Anyway....I'm really excited for SCV 2010. They had a strong program last year and I'd love to see them shoot even higher....

If you marched, you would understand.

:tongue:

I agree with the poster above, if you get a chance, listen and watch Center Grove HS 1997 show.

duly noted! :tongue:

both winter guard and field programs.

Forgive me. I forgot that you aren't allowed to state anything positive on DCP or get to excited.

So based on:

My enjoyment of most SCV shows over the past 37 years, (I saw this corps in 73 before many of you were born)

My enjoyment of Ballet for Martha and other recent productions by SCV,

My love of Bartok's music in general,

My fondness for the two specific pieces chosen for SCV's 2010 production,

The current staff of SCV led by Jeff Fiedler,

And the relative consistency of the corps over the past 40+ years,

There is a very good chance that I will very much enjoy this production and it might become a favorite.

Better? :tongue::huh2::tongue:

win. times billionty