Dare I make a DARE?

NanciD

Ok, if I must...

Here's my dare....

If y'alll think you are that good..... why not wear opposing shoe colors?

IE: if ya wear black uni. pants.... do you think you are talented enough to wear white bucks?

or

What ever happened to the uni pant stripe?

And don't tell me that these things detract from the *big DESIGN Picture"!

Hmmm.... this should be interesting....

Edited by NanciD

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, if I must...

Here's my dare....

IE: if ya wear black uni. pants.... do you think you are talented enough to wear white bucks?

or

Isn't it interesting... enough that SO many folks have read this thread, yet, they ..... offer nothing in response?

Shoes show everything. Pant stripes aren't that big of a deal unless they are florescent colors, kick pleats cover up more mistakes than they expose.

I really don't think that white bucks would look too cool with black bell-bottoms and red kickpleats.

But I have been wrong before. Really.

i think it depends on the total look. if overall the uniform is dark, then no, white shoes would look ugly

Ok, if I must...

Here's my dare....

or

I think what your getting at is lots of Corps hide their marching behind Black pants and shoes.

Lots of junior corps use and have used white shoes, Spats, White pants, white Stripes on Black pants and I'm sure there have been a good amount of Senior Corps that did the same thing.

If a Senior Corps has the practice schedule and talent why not use light color footwear and or pants that exposes the marching.

If a Senior or anyother Corps does not have the practice time and talent then stay with the Black shoes and pants.

Not a fan of Spats unless I was in the 27th Lancers. We had then in the University Marching Band I marched in and wasn't impressed them.

Why not plaid with spats? Like the Kilties.

In my Jr. Days we never got the marching credit we deserved, so we went from black and black to white. It took a while by the judges started giving credit where credit was due because they no longer had the argument of not being able to tell.

I think black and black is more of a time management thing. Hides more uniform dirt and show dirt, for those with limited hours to devote to either. It also lets you do many parades in a single day, despite whatever wildlife might roam them parts. And the membership is more likely to own black pants than white. And black shoes than white. I left my white shoes in Madison, WI in '92.

Ok, if I must...

Here's my dare....

Just some thoughts:

Cabs uni w/white bucks? Never

Sky uni w/ white bucks? Always

Where would Bridgemen get green bucks?

Ghost Riders uni w/white bucks? Don't ask....don't tell.....same would go for Marine Corps D&B uni

Bucs in bucks? they'd look like vintage VK......as if everyone was wearing size 15 shoes

Cabs, Hurcs, and Bucs in white bucs would make three outstanding uniforms look great from head-to-shin

OK in bucks: MBI, Bush, Brigs

You can't spoil a uniform just to show off marching skills....... the contrast between pant leg and shoe/spats should look ala Madison Scouts (when they "marched")

Joe

Ok, if I must...

Here's my dare....

or

Okay!! If you insist! I'll be wearing a red thong under my black pants next season. How will that be for contrast?