Dallas or Houston

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the venue they used this past year? When I was there it was at Rice.

That was a while ago though.

This past year it was a high school in Katy. Waaaaaay the heck out west. I do hope they find a stadium at least within the tollway - that drive was a bear, especially in the PM rush hour.

UPDATE: @BST07, I can't speak to the Dallas stadium as I haven't attended, but the stadium for the Houston shows is definitely very nice - nearly college quality. Stands are nice and steep, great views all around.

Edited by Rusty

This past year it was a high school in Katy. Waaaaaay the heck out west. I do hope they find a stadium at least within the tollway - that drive was a bear, especially in the PM rush hour.

UPDATE: @BST07, I can't speak to the Dallas stadium as I haven't attended, but the stadium for the Houston shows is definitely very nice - nearly college quality. Stands are nice and steep, great views all around.

I've been to both stadiums. The Houston stadium totally trumps the Dallas one, including parking for both corps and fans.

I dont know what the parking is like at the houston venue, but i never liked the parking at Lake Highlands unless you get there a few hours early...

Parking at the Houston show is vast, wide, expansive. HUGE. Unfortunately, the warm up areas are far, far, far away. But at least there's a little less sound bleed. (there's still some sound bleed from warmups, though)

I hope they don't change the venue. Although the drive isn't that bad for me, (about 45 minutes), the Berry Athletic Complex (pics in my prior post and it's actually in Cypress) is one of the best venues where I've ever seen a show.

Edited by skajerk

The Stadium in Houston beats the pants out of the one in Dallas.

Word. I've marched at and attended Lake Highlands many times--never really liked it. Now that there's hardly any parking (there never was much to begin with), it's even worse. They should just have a show in Denton or Mesquite.

i am partial to the dallas show because it was my first show I ever attended. That event was seriously life changing. Houston has been more fun to perform in

Any way you slice it the traffic isn't going to be pretty. Friday rush hour in Houston starts Wednesday afternoon.

PS go rockets.

Edited by Musical_Spinner