Crossmen 2010 Production Announced

now that the initial anger (don't ask) has gone away.

I will continue to not be happy with Guidry until I actually here the arrangements. Just because they pick good music, doesn't mean that anything has changed (they have picked some pretty good music with guidry.. and we all know the results)

But great choice of music. It makes me VERY happy. If anything it will help that the corps is returning to it's identity... hopefully for good.

totally agree......a good choice of music.....but they did it pretty well the 1st time around, so comparison is going to happen......all will depend on the arrangement, which, I agree, is a big question mark at this point..........

GB

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1991 Third Wind didn't do justice to what that chart is all about to me. And then they tried to wrap up the previous Metheny tunes as an ending and the show totally fell flat after the drum solo. The 1998 version is about as true to the live version of Third Wind as it gets. Superior arrangements all around.

Very happy.

I do feel uncertain, as many of you do, in regards to Guidry's writing style. I don't like his arranging. To be honest, it feels like too much (octatonic) fluff, too little substance.

The 1991 Third Wind didn't do justice to what that chart is all about to me. And then they tried to wrap up the previous Metheny tunes as an ending and the show totally fell flat after the drum solo. The 1998 version is about as true to the live version of Third Wind as it gets. Superior arrangements all around.

wow. one of the better Crossmen power endings IMO

now that the initial anger (don't ask) has gone away.

I will continue to not be happy with Guidry until I actually here the arrangements. Just because they pick good music, doesn't mean that anything has changed (they have picked some pretty good music with guidry.. and we all know the results)

But great choice of music. It makes me VERY happy. If anything it will help that the corps is returning to it's identity... hopefully for good.

Prepare to be happy.

:thumbdown::worthy:

One of the complaints that i heard last year from the members was that they hated performing the show because they didnt get it and it was uninteresting. Methany is easy to get, play loud, be a BAMF, and get a huge crowd reaction. The members hopefully should love doing this show