Gloversville N.Y. DCA show

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure it was a DCA show and not an Red Carpet Association (RCA) show? Gloversville sounds familiar but the years blend together over the decades. Also our corps did both DCA and RCA shows during 75-77 and the circuits blend together too.

<thinking about it>

Just checked srcorps.com and found a DCA show a years later, maybe that's why it sounds familiar to me. :smile: Nothing in 1976 for Gloversville, but Ron's list is not complete.

Cavalcade of Champions

June 9, 1979

Gloversville, New York

1 Hawthorne Caballeros 71.30

2 Reading Buccaneers 69.60

3 Sunrisers 69.30

4 New York Skyliners 68.75

5 Connecticut Hurricanes 61.10

6 Westshoremen 57.85

Thanks for the info but Iknow it wasn't 79. The only info I have on it was that the Hurricanes won the show. It might have been RCA but I doubt it.

Charlie

Are you sure it was a DCA show and not an Red Carpet Association (RCA) show? Gloversville sounds familiar but the years blend together over the decades. Also our corps did both DCA and RCA shows during 75-77 and the circuits blend together too.

<thinking about it>

Just checked srcorps.com and found a DCA show a years later, maybe that's why it sounds familiar to me. :smile: Nothing in 1976 for Gloversville, but Ron's list is not complete.

Cavalcade of Champions

June 9, 1979

Gloversville, New York

3 Sunrisers 69.30

6 Westshoremen 57.85

Thanks for the info but Iknow it wasn't 79. The only info I have on it was that the Hurricanes won the show. It might have been RCA but I doubt it.

Charlie

OK, if Hurrcs won then it wasn't RCA as they never did RCA.

<thinking about it>

Cavalcade of Champions

June 9, 1979

Gloversville, New York

3 Sunrisers 69.30

6 Westshoremen 57.85

I don't remember Sky doing a Gloversville show in 79 ... and June 9 from that era would have be the Hurcs show ... I also don't remember the Bucs losing to anyone in early 79 ...

:-)

I don't remember Sky doing a Gloversville show in 79 ... and June 9 from that era would have be the Hurcs show ... I also don't remember the Bucs losing to anyone in early 79 ...

:-)

Man I didn't look too closely Andy. :smile: I don't remember Buccs losing at all that year but could be wrong (again).....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Sunrisers performed at the Gloversville show during my years with the corps, late 1970s-early 1980s. At least a few times, if my memory serves me correctly. Which it often doesn't. LOL

Fran

i believe that show goes back to the early 70's. we won it in 72. after that it get's way to blurry.

There was a DCA show in Gloversville N.Y. in 1976. Does anyone have any information about this show?

Charlie,

I checked my show programs memorabilia and only have (from 1976) the DCA Championships one.

Sunrisers performed at the Gloversville show during my years with the corps, late 1970s-early 1980s. At least a few times, if my memory serves me correctly. Which it often doesn't. LOL

Fran

Like Fran, I do remember Gloversville, NY show just not sure I remember one in 76...

Charlie,

I checked my show programs memorabilia and only have (from 1976) the DCA Championships one.

Like Fran, I do remember Gloversville, NY show just not sure I remember one in 76...

Could this show have been in Amsterdam or Johnstown? I have a picture from a show in '76 that was from that area....maybe it was Gloversville. Let's face it, '76....Phoenix....not knowing where we were, you connect the dots.