San Antonio?

i understand that....but to get no answer at all doesnt make me think happy thoughts having seen a long time big show die by the wayside on hand shake deals

A possibility is that someone in the DCI office made a mistake and contracted for the incorrect date. When they finally figured it out, the Alamodome had already contracted with the Cowboys for that date.

A possibility is that someone in the DCI office made a mistake and contracted for the incorrect date. When they finally figured it out, the Alamodome had already contracted with the Cowboys for that date.

If that's the case that one person caused major inconviences for thousands of people.

No Championships have been rained out. Some of the closest are as follows

1993 - Jackson, MI - It started pouring and the Madison Scouts performed in the downpour. It stopped at or near the end of their show.

1994 - Boston. The last 8 corps in Qtrs were automatically seeded into the last 8 spots in semi's. Only the last 3 corps did not perform due to rain.

One of the years in Florida (97 or 98) wasn't one of the shows delayed in the middle due to rain?

2004 - Denver. Semi Finals was delayed due to a storm in the area.

2005 - Boston. One of the shows had a longer break due to bad weather in the area.

It rained every day in Miami, FL in 1983. Usually started around 11 am and was over by 2 pm. I got sick as a result.

ORLANDO FLORIDA in August = RAIN! 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2003!

Doesn't anyone watch the Weather channel at all?

I remember Jackson in '93! Madison never missed a beat! They kept going through the entire downpour! I was soaked to the bone by the end of their performance, but I loved every second of it!

1) DCI will not move the "Southwestern Championships to another city. It will be held in San Antonio or within 50 miles of the Riverwalk. Why? Texas Bandmasters members make up 35% - 50% of the crowd for that weekend! DCI will do whatever it takes to get them to buy tickets.

2) Dallas/Houston on Thursday/Friday. The corps are split, therefore, if you want to see them all, you must attend both nights. More money in a smaller stadium. Why not apply the same formula in San Antonio?

3) Potentially, 4 nights of drum corps for Texas area fans! A chance to see every World Class corps that makes the trip to Texas at least twice?

4) For touring fans, this is great! Going through Houston, seeing all the corps that make the Texas trip, then moving on to San Antonio and seeing them all again? al withing the space of four nights? It is almost like watching the shows in Allentown.......................................................................

............................twice!

5) The best part of this whole thing with losing the Alamodome to the Dallas Cowboys training camp is

.........NO DOMES! No dome echoes! No dome bass drum boom! I will be able to hear what the corps are playing! Now, I will go to San Antonio after my 4 days and 3 nights in Dallas!

6) Thank you, Dallas Cowboys!

:smile:

wow. given what it probably costs to run a regional...wow

Note the word 'possibility '; the person was just speculating.

i realize this. I was wowing the possibility

1) DCI will not move the "Southwestern Championships to another city. It will be held in San Antonio or within 50 miles of the Riverwalk. Why? Texas Bandmasters members make up 35% - 50% of the crowd for that weekend! DCI will do whatever it takes to get them to buy tickets.

2) Dallas/Houston on Thursday/Friday. The corps are split, therefore, if you want to see them all, you must attend both nights. More money in a smaller stadium. Why not apply the same formula in San Antonio?

3) Potentially, 4 nights of drum corps for Texas area fans! A chance to see every World Class corps that makes the trip to Texas at least twice?

4) For touring fans, this is great! Going through Houston, seeing all the corps that make the Texas trip, then moving on to San Antonio and seeing them all again? al withing the space of four nights? It is almost like watching the shows in Allentown.......................................................................

............................twice!

5) The best part of this whole thing with losing the Alamodome to the Dallas Cowboys training camp is

.........NO DOMES! No dome echoes! No dome bass drum boom! I will be able to hear what the corps are playing! Now, I will go to San Antonio after my 4 days and 3 nights in Dallas!

6) Thank you, Dallas Cowboys!

:smile:

Forget all that. The Alamodome is a great venue to watch drum corps in. Very little echo for a dome and the climate controlled environment more than makes up for any inconveniences. DCI screwed up big time.