DCP No Longer Important?

Wonderful quotes, BRASSO!

To those who believe Drum Corps Planet is no longer important, I ask, what similar site is out there providing an even greater voice for those who have interest in this activity?

I'd like to log-on.

" Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source for learning " ....(.Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft)

" I made some mistakes in my early Drama Writing. I thought the Drama was when I could get my actors to cry. But true Drama is when the audience cries ".....( Frank Capra, Movie Director )

" The audience is the most revered member of the theatre. Without an audience, there is no theatre. Every technique learned bythe actor, every curtain call, every flat on the stage, every careful analysis by the Director, every coordinated scene is for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, our evaluators , and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begn to roll. They make the performance meaningful ". ( Viola Spolin, Playwright, Drama Teacher )

" Right or wrong, the customer is AWAYS right " ( Marshall Field, Retail Clothng Merchandiser )

" The reason for my continued success ? The audience. " ( John Williams, Music Composer, Conductor )

" Never treat the audience as customers, always as partners " ( James Stewart, Actor )

great Quotes BUT you are preaching to the choir....Do you really believe the officals of DC are listening..or care for that matter..That would be a no!!! You can say , well, if we don't support the activity it wont go on. AGAIN , a very true statement but we all heard that when theatrics came into play, stationary pits, props, dance need i say more. KIds are told stay off this site or don't you dare post or you will be out and that goes for their parents. You may give reasons of negative comments and some of that may be true but many are told because of the lack of significance.That is the reality of it.

Still a good site for FREE speech and i guess a few can debate if this is true or not. I guess at least it's a place to discuss :-)

" Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source for learning " ....(.Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft)

" I made some mistakes in my early Drama Writing. I thought the Drama was when I could get my actors to cry. But true Drama is when the audience cries ".....( Frank Capra, Movie Director )

" The audience is the most revered member of the theatre. Without an audience, there is no theatre. Every technique learned bythe actor, every curtain call, every flat on the stage, every careful analysis by the Director, every coordinated scene is for the enjoyment of the audience. They are our guests, our evaluators , and the last spoke in the wheel which can then begn to roll. They make the performance meaningful ". ( Viola Spolin, Playwright, Drama Teacher )

" Right or wrong, the customer is AWAYS right " ( Marshall Field, Retail Clothng Merchandiser )

" The reason for my continued success ? The audience. " ( John Williams, Music Composer, Conductor )

" Never treat the audience as customers, always as partners " ( James Stewart, Actor )

:thumbup::thumbup::blink:

great Quotes BUT you are preaching to the choir....Do you really believe the officals of DC are listening..or care for that matter..That would be a no!!! You can say , well, if we don't support the activity it wont go on. AGAIN , a very true statement but we all heard that when theatrics came into play, stationary pits, props, dance need i say more. KIds are told stay off this site or don't you dare post or you will be out and that goes for their parents. You may give reasons of negative comments and some of that may be true but many are told because of the lack of significance.That is the reality of it.

Still a good site for FREE speech and i guess a few can debate if this is true or not. I guess at least it's a place to discuss :-)

maybe they should read. attendance may go back up. Because face it, if it was, they'd have announced 2008 by now, let alone 2009

GUARDLING, I believe PRUDENT drum corps officials do take this site seriously. As for corps organizations instructing their members and parents to stay away, that decision is mostly based upon fear, NOT the value found at this site. There is no way for any corps organization to guarantee someone, somewhere affiliated with it will not embarrass the group, either on purpose, or by naiveté. I am a bit troubled by such prohibitions, however.

GUARDLING, I believe PRUDENT drum corps officials do take this site seriously. As for corps organizations instructing their members and parents to stay away, that decision is mostly based upon fear, NOT the value found at this site. There is no way for any corps organization to guarantee someone, somewhere affiliated with it will not embarrass the group, either on purpose, or by naiveté. I am a bit troubled by such prohibitions, however.

I agree with much of what you say as far as corps BUT it is a fact that many many are told this. Ive even said it myself for the reasons you state. As far as Prudent DC officals taking it seriously, hmmmmm well, I will say a few read it and just roll eyes. There may be a few who listen BUT not enough to really do something about an issue the PEOPLE have ( Whatever that may be ) I think maybe if you look at alot of the subjects and discussions it could be a reason. Fun discussions are 1 thing but DCP can go way beyond I guess from their point of view.

Personally I believe everyone should have the right to a voice BUT i also want to believe someone listens.

( Not speaking for anyone, just an observation )

know from experience?

I wouldn't know. Someone removed my posts. Or at least the posts that I thought that I made. And didn't tell me about it, or why.

As far as agendas? I'm paying $500 in corps related expenses per year, EVERY year. It'd be nice to get SOMETHING for my time, expense and efforts. Which just isn't possible with any of the two current major competitive circuits. Participation here is kind of moot here if EVERY post I make here gets deleted. Participation in corps is kind of moot if you can't even get a score at a drumcorps competition.

You may now enter the field for judged exhibition.

I wouldn't know. Someone removed my posts. Or at least the posts that I thought that I made. And didn't tell me about it, or why.

As far as agendas? I'm paying $500 in corps related expenses per year, EVERY year. It'd be nice to get SOMETHING for my time, expense and efforts. Which just isn't possible with any of the two current major competitive circuits. Participation here is kind of moot here if EVERY post I make here gets deleted. Participation in corps is kind of moot if you can't even get a score at a drumcorps competition.

You may now enter the field for judged exhibition.

I believe I had asked that of someone else. I've had posts removed too. Want to know why? they inflamed already ugly situations rife with attacks. Some involving you and I as a matter of fact. Why? Because a DCP reader hit the report button, it was viewed in conjunction with the DCp Community Guidelines, and boom gone.

and I'm ok with that.

and agendas wasn't directed specifically at you. We've had posters with major axes to grind against people they feel "wronged them" and went on attack sprees.

So, if you feel put upon, perhaps you look at what it is you're posting....the problem may lie therein.

I know sometimes when I join a thread that's heated I may say the wrong thing and it may get yanked. I know sometimes even if I did no wrong, something posted may get yanked because I quoted something that was part of the issue.

And I'm ok with that.

Ya see...you post here, you agree to follow the rules they set in place. If you can't abide by them, you'll see stuff removed, and possibly face suspensions or eventually banishment.

It isn't that the DCP mods have agendas to "get" certain people. It's that some of those people don't use the brain God gave them before they type.

Which proves what?

The once and great drive-in movie critic Joe Bob Briggs once wrote that the mistake movie studios make isn't that they make sequels, it's that they make sequels that are different from the original box-office success. That's what you and your audience want, right? A sequel just like the original. The same movie with a different name.

You can say DCI (or me) don't care about what the audience thinks, but you'd be wrong. I suspect DCI (like me) believes the audience needs to be led a bit. It's not ignoring the audience. It's challenging the audience to new levels of experience and satisfaction. I believe there is room in the world for Godfather and Godfather II. Godfather III is another story and proof enough why we can't replicate for the formula forever.

You quote Jimmy Stewart and Frank Capra who collaborated on what surely was one of the greatest movies ever made. In the half a century since "It's a Wonderful Life" debuted, lots of great movies have been made, many of them with little more than actors, directors and celluoid in common with that masterpiece. Who doubts how miserable movies would seem had Stewart, Capra and all the colleagues who succeeded them limited their vision to sensibilities - and yes the technology - of a single age? Most of the movies since Wonderful Life were worse. Some were just as good, maybe better.

Movies get worse and they get better; it's inevitable. Drum corps too.

HH

Edited by glory