Crossmen Question

So I don't know anything about the Crossmen, which I found to be odd because I know at least a few of the best shows of each corps. Seems like the Crossmen have a good following on here and generate a lot of hype. So my question is, can anyone let me know what are must-see Crossmen shows? I need to put my Fan Network account to work anyway. Thanks guys

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1990 ------>1999 (In Order)

a nice introduction... and yes, some of my all time favorite shows are from Crossmen, right in that time frame too..

Some strong Horns, Grovin drum lines, and some kick @zz guars mixed in those years..

Watch the 1992 show (Songs for the Planet Earth) - one of the best drumlines of that or any era. Seriously - that drum feature is ... yeah. It was the opening of a "trilogy" show - 1993 and 1994 were the rest.

Also try the 2001 show (Fire Dance is a classic closer) and 2002 (Heat of the Day is a great opener). Oh yeah, and the 1997 corps might be the best total package they've ever put out. That version of Birdland was probably their best one.

And if you're still watching after all of that, the 1990 show (New York Voices) was probably the best group of charts they've taken on.

Hope that helps!

Mike

I LOVE the Crossmen of the 1990s... here are some great shows to check out

1991 - Pat Metheny

1995 - a stylistic departure for the corps' in general, but the color guard is AMAZING!

1996-1999 ALL superb shows. The color guard finished in the top 5 at DCI several of those years, the percussion section was incredible, and the music they played was just about the most fun and exciting I've ever heard! : )

hhmmmm of course all the 90's shows. 00, 01,02 and 04 are awesome. one really good show is 89 i think? i havent seen it in a while. or 88. didnt make finals but its great

In addition to everything that's been said (which are all great shows, by the way), I'd have to add on 2003 as well. That was another great show from the Crossmen.

A friend recently was talking about Crossmen '92 on facebook..

If anyone can show me a more bad ### drum line than Crossmen 1992, please, entertain me. That's the only time a drum feature has given me the video hype. My god.

Favorite CROSSMEN shows

1. 2002-HEAT OF THE DAY , STRAWBERRY SOUP

2. 2001-HARLEM NOCTURNE FIRE DANCE

3. 1992-APPALACHIAN MORNING , PUMA

4. 1991-MINUANO , DREAM OF THE RETURN , THIRD WIND

5. 1998 -THIRD WIND , LETTER FROM HOME , FIRST CIRCLE

6. 2000 IN THE MOOD , CARAVAN , BIRDLAND

7. 1990 BAROQUE SAMBA , NOW OR NEVER

8. 2004 JUBAL STEP , BOTH SIDES NOW , PUMA

9.1996 THE SULTAN FAINTED

10.2005 CLASSICAL GAS , RADAR LOVE , SO FAR AWAY

11.2003 RAINBOW , ST.JAMES , BLUE RONDO , COUNT BUBBA