Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

watched it on the Fan Network. the first 33 seconds made me a Madison fanfor the first time since 2001...after years of being one

Madison had an amazing guard book... written and designed by amazing (highly decorated) staff...

were covered.

Oh, I'm sure the book is quite good. These guys are no slouches when it comes to design. I was referring to the execution by both the guard and the corps proper. I have confidence that they'll definitely get where they intend to.

...it's just 'eh' in my book. A throw back to 'old school' but sadly we're 'new school' these days ;) just kidding those of us who are "aged" hahaha.....

My only chuckle is all that contras but sad when corps with considerably less are producing a much fuller, quality contra sound. Makes me kinda :( if you're gonna have that MANY out there and it's just wasted metal.

Otherwise very proud of these hard working fellas keep it coming Scouts!

...it's just 'eh' in my book. A throw back to 'old school' but sadly we're 'new school' these days ;) just kidding those of us who are "aged" hahaha.....

My only chuckle is all that contras but sad when corps with considerably less are producing a much fuller, quality contra sound. Makes me kinda :( if you're gonna have that MANY out there and it's just wasted metal.

Otherwise very proud of these hard working fellas keep it coming Scouts!

"just eh " -

FYI...Donnie has not turned this brass line loose yet. Be patient as it's first about quality of sound. The triple F volume will happen.

You cannot compare different shows when nobody at one show has competed with anyone at the other. How can you say 'no way in hell BK\troop are that close to cavies\phantom', but yet BK was right behind glassmen last year, who were right ahead of Madison last night. (interesting note, phantom was 2.15 ahead of glassmen at finals last year, and was 2.8 above glassmen last night)

And quite frankly, we dont even know who is really ahead, because the scores we're getting arent even the full sheet, leaving out brass, guard, and visual performance.

I disagree. You can compare different shows in a sense. It is not possible that those three corps are within 3 points of Cavies/PR. Period!

Edited by gellio

This is one of the biggest myths about DCI scoring. It sound reasonable, but it just isn't true. I've been analyzing DCI scores for years and they are amazingly consistent. Different shows, judging panels, even different numbers of judges, weather, bus breakdowns, flu epidemics, train wrecks. None of that has more than a 5-10% impact on scores. 90% of the score for any given corps is determined by 2 factors: the first score they received and the number of days since the season started.

I agree. Everyone said that we don't know Bluecoats are ahead of Cavies because it was different shows, even though they both had seen Crown/Cadets. When Bloo, Cavies and PR met, it fell right in line with the spreads between Bloo and Cadets/Crown. Furthermore, hardly anything changed last year when full panels were introduced.

Right now, Cavies are in fourth place. If you through BD into the mix, they are certainly 5th. SCV is a wild card. Say SCV is ahead of them - that puts Cavies 6th. That's not even counting the Blue Stars. So to say Academy, Troopers and Blue Knights could be within three points of Cavies, essentially says Cavies could be in 7th - 10th right now, with Phantom in 11th. Not realistic - by the largest stretch! I think saying that Madison and Glassmen are ahead of Troopers, Academy at Blue Kinghts AT THIS STAGE OF THE SEASON is a very very safe bet.

Edited by gellio

I was watching the fan network of Scouts thinking "wow this drill looks familiar". Then it came to me that it reminded me of Northview High School. I immediately went to Scouts staff page and their was Northview staff. The visual program as a whole is much better.

"just eh " -

FYI...Donnie has not turned this brass line loose yet. Be patient as it's first about quality of sound. The triple F volume will happen.

Hmm, if I know Brad Green (pretty sure he's the one on tour not Donnie) then these boys are putting out sound already. I don't think his comment was about volume, but quality of sound.