Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

FWIW...my thoughts on SPATS.

Don't use them until FINALS night. (If at all.) There's little doubt to me that spats or white shoes do not HELP your visual score and could, in fact, HURT it by highlighting any issues.

I think (hope) the Scouts will be safely in the top 12, but I would really hate to see them finish 13th (wearing spats) with a visual score that was less than it could have been.

On finals night....why not!

Keep it up Scouts.

One of my favorite DCI memories was the 1984 Santa Clara Vanguard, prelims performance in the Dark Green pants and they were wicked good...

Just when you thought they could not get any better, finals night they enter the field in white pants!!!! It changed the entire look of SCV and their show.

Edited by Cop

One of my favorite DCI memories was the 1984 Santa Clara Vanguard, prelims performance in the Dark Green pants and they were wicked good...

Just when you thought they could not get any better, finals night they enter the field in white pants!!!! It changed the entire look of SCV and their show.

They did look amazing! That's one of my top 5 favorite SCV shows by the way.

I think it would be way cool if Scouts waited until Finals to bust out the spats

and to add in the famous tag ending!

They did look amazing! That's one of my top 5 favorite SCV shows by the way.

I think it would be way cool if Scouts waited until Finals to bust out the spats

and to add in the famous tag ending!

By famous tag ending do you mean "The Way We Were"?

What's good for the Scouts is good for drum corps. Any corps beating Blue Stars this year will have to have an amazing show, which speaks highly of any corps doing so.

I feel I've been very fair in my assessment of them this year. (see my review from the La Crosse show)

Madison Scouts. Feel good drum corps . Great nostalgic music. Visual program too 80's, seems like very low demand compared to their competition. Drumline much better than anticipated, pretty clean but not a terribly demanding book, nice feature in Rhapsody. Hornline sounds good but don't sound as big as they look, not even close. Got no more low end from them than from the other big hornlines. This corps is performing this show pretty well, may run into early peaking due to low demand. Appropriate score/spread.

It probably isn't what a biased Scouts homer would have written, but it's still fair.

Scout homers seem to be the least capable of any group to accept even the mildest of criticizm regarding their corps. There is nothing wrong with talking about what needs to get better.

Peace.

If you think the visual book is easy you haven't seen the show recently, they have tripled the amount of jazz-run moments and high demand visuals since about a week or so ago. Also, it's harder than you'd think to dance and play, at least harder than putting one foot in fron of the other (or behind, for that matter), and they do plenty of that in slaughter.

What's good for the Scouts is good for drum corps. Any corps beating Blue Stars this year will have to have an amazing show, which speaks highly of any corps doing so.

I feel I've been very fair in my assessment of them this year. (see my review from the La Crosse show)

Madison Scouts. Feel good drum corps . Great nostalgic music. Visual program too 80's, seems like very low demand compared to their competition. Drumline much better than anticipated, pretty clean but not a terribly demanding book, nice feature in Rhapsody. Hornline sounds good but don't sound as big as they look, not even close. Got no more low end from them than from the other big hornlines. This corps is performing this show pretty well, may run into early peaking due to low demand. Appropriate score/spread.

It probably isn't what a biased Scouts homer would have written, but it's still fair.

Scout homers seem to be the least capable of any group to accept even the mildest of criticizm regarding their corps. There is nothing wrong with talking about what needs to get better.

Peace.

Perhaps your unique talent at critiquing is being wasted on the readers of this thread. I would suggest you might want to leave this thread and exercise your critiquing talent on threads for other corps so that your unique perspective is not wasted on Scouts "homers."

Vic Russell

I was able to sit agian in Minn. with Donny V. D. for the MADISON SCOUTS show ( also sat with him in Michigan City ) and boy do they want you to have to deliver that case of beer here in MADISON. I personally could care less, but they sure are having a good time with the bet you posted. I dont know if they will get there, but they are sure going to try to get me that beer. Either way they are doing so well and all you TEXAS alums and fans are about to enjoy a really good Drum Corps. They are working hard and there are only good things to come. They sure have made a good push into DCI Championships the last 3 years, and that is what I am looking forward to. So much for that 15th pick this winter. I knew they were better then that. They might not take 6th, but you know what? They just might. I am still pushing for it. Hell isnt the goal to win it all. You know winning is not everything, but it does not suck. And from last weeks rainout they sure are going to go for it. Support the Corps, help with the Old Scool Challenge, put on the Jackets, and enjoy the People"s Choice. GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Jason, I would love for to deliver that beer to you. It means good things have happened for the Madison Scouts.

When I first saw Madison's show in Bloomington, I thought they'd be in finals for sure. But seeing them go toe to toe with a strong Blue Knights corps is truly extraordinary. It's been a joy watching this corps and this show grow, and I hope they continue climbing. But not matter what happens, the Madison family has a lot to be proud of.

Scouts went backwards a little bit tonight in the Big "D". Instead of remaining a handful of "tenths" back from BK, the BK team opened up about a point and a half spread. Just remember men, as in life, digging out of former holes and squashing past demons always requires working twice as hard as all the others in order to garner even a sniff at proper respect. Put the work in now and the rewards will come....believe!

Edited by Mad75

Scouts went backwards a little bit tonight in the Big "D". Instead of remaining a handful of "tenths" back from BK. The BK team opened up about a point and a half spread. Just remember men, as in life, digging out of former holes and squashing past demons always requires working twice as hard as all the others in order to garner even a sniff at proper respect. Put the work in now and the rewards will come....believe!

My old pal Lee Carson on CG tonight... He is always a rough pill for ME to swallow.

Edited by Cop