Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

I don't disagree with any of this. Blue Stars have a show that was designed to get them into the top-6. Madison has a show that was designed to get back into finals. A good staff can make adjustments, but the basic product is what it is. Different goals for corps at different levels of re-building.

On a side note, I think the discussion on this board would be more civil and productive if we all just agreed to stop using inflammatory language. "Homer," "fan-boy," "kool-aid drinker," etc are just juvenile insults. If you can't make your point in any other way, then maybe you don't have a point worth making.

I don't use the term homer in a derogetory sense, just as an identifier of a specific group of people. I wear my Blue Stars homerism on my sleeves, proudly. With that said, in the context of some of our heated DCP discussions I can certainly see why using such terms has the tendency to escalate argument instead of promoting discussion. Somthing to consider.

I'm a Scouts homer & here is my take on this years show. It is the most enjoyable & crowd appealing show on the field this year. Horn line is nowhere near as loud as I expected. Drum book is nothing special, & I expected more. CG is much improved. I love the drill. I don't care if BD's show has more demand. Wake me when their show is over...same goes for nearly every other corps. Stop writing music for music majors & start writing music for the crowd.

The Drum Corps activity would benefit tremendously if there was a movement to return to a more vintage show design where the MUSIC matters most, & everything else is secondary.

I want spats d a m m i t !

I'm a Homer and I drink Kool-aid and I bleed Green . I also . turn the other cheek and treat others the way I want to be treated.

So, I'm an alum. and a parent of a current Scout that is pretty da.n happy with this years corps ! These young men , staff.and vols. have worked thier a..'s off to be the best they can be. Just like everyother corps out there.

WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CROW A LITTLE !!! :laughing:

Bill

For the record, I actually WANT BS, BK, and Boston ALL to do well. I just want the Scouts to do better! I mean, duh!! :laughing:

In all seriousness, it's no us against BS...or us against BK. It's us against us. Besides, we all have a common enemy in drum corps this year...the G7 proposal. So I say Scouts, BS, BK, Boston, etc. crawl up and drop a G7 corps a few spaces!

For the record, I actually WANT BS, BK, and Boston ALL to do well. I just want the Scouts to do better! I mean, duh!! :laughing:

In all seriousness, it's no us against BS...or us against BK. It's us against us. Besides, we all have a common enemy in drum corps this year...the G7 proposal. So I say Scouts, BS, BK, Boston, etc. crawl up and drop a G7 corps a few spaces!

Word to your mother.

I don't disagree with any of this. Blue Stars have a show that was designed to get them into the top-6. Madison has a show that was designed to get back into finals. A good staff can make adjustments, but the basic product is what it is. Different goals for corps at different levels of re-building.

On a side note, I think the discussion on this board would be more civil and productive if we all just agreed to stop using inflammatory language. "Homer," "fan-boy," "kool-aid drinker," etc are just juvenile insults. If you can't make your point in any other way, then maybe you don't have a point worth making.

hmmm, though Ive only seen them once this year, Blue Stars horn book in my mind is quite easy by comparison, as it has been the last two years. Lots of potato notes for low brass. Covering up the execution weaknesses in high brass by writing long sustained notes in the low brass has always to me been kind of a cheat. Yeah I'm a Scouts alum but its been 32 years now and Im not knee jerk about it, their brass line sounded tighter and more mature than anyone elses at Drums On Parade, IMHO. Heck Madisons Horn show LAST year was more difficult than most of the top 12's.

FWIW...my thoughts on SPATS.

Don't use them until FINALS night. (If at all.) There's little doubt to me that spats or white shoes do not HELP your visual score and could, in fact, HURT it by highlighting any issues.

I think (hope) the Scouts will be safely in the top 12, but I would really hate to see them finish 13th (wearing spats) with a visual score that was less than it could have been.

On finals night....why not!

Keep it up Scouts.

In the past I honestly haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to the Scouts. Their shows up till about 2006 were somewhat familiar to me, but after that I sadly stopped paying as much attention. But let me tell you. This year has completely rekindled my interest and appreciation for the Scouts. They are the single non-G7 corps I am rooting for the most to not only be in finals but place the best they can. I love the show this year and I am so happy to see them back and getting stronger by the day. Regardless of how the season ends, I will always remember this show for the sheer musicality and enjoyment I got from it.

For the record, I am not a spats fan but if it doesn't kill the visual score and adds something to the look, go for it.

Forget all the naysayers Madison. Go on and get you some.

100,000 plus views. WOW! Thats What I Am Talking About, COP! GO MADISON SCOUTS!

just wanted a thread for fans of drum corps and The Madison Scouts. (No Haters).