Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

No.

color me surprised :laughing:

Wow, I just looked and the Scouts and Glassmen compete in the same show only once, Atlanta, before championships. Not much of a read for two corps that are 3-3 this season.

Nothing surprising or new here....back in the day....when buses rarely worked and you had to triple up on one bus just to get to the next venue, or you had to walk over the Continental Divide because all three buses were dead, or your daily meal consisted of dry, stale cereal out of a Dixie cup along with a green peach hard enough to break all you teeth....and back when there were two seasons....you may not see your main competition the entire summer until finals week or just before!....and that's back when the season was a month longer then it is today. In 75', we knew that the door to championship promised land would be getting past the Muchacho's. We went up against them only once in 75', and that was a week before DCI Championship's at CYO National's! Fortunately, we had a phenomenal show in Boston and beat them by a healthy margin. BUT, seeing someone as important as the Muchacho's only once before the "big" show was just a little disconcerting!

Very pleased to see MS back in the top 12, they're the only DCI corps I've ever seen live.... 1988 UK tour.

Loving the old skool show, can't wait to see them in Indy.

And when you see them in Indy, you'll see kids performing (and aging out) that were born the year you saw your only DCI corps.

Something kind of cool about that.

And when you see them in Indy, you'll see kids performing (and aging out) that were born the year you saw your only DCI corps.

Something kind of cool about that.

Thanks for making me feel old. Really Really Old.

Saw some Scouts hanging out in KC yesterday- I tried to give them some tips of things to do downtown, and I hope they had fun.

...but KC won't ever top the fun of our '88 free days- Hamlin, Amsterdam, London, New Orleans...

Scouts will pass BK at some point this week. Maybe this weekend. It'll be a combination of Scouts rising and BK falling. Madison is owning BK in music captions right now. If Madison can clean up the visual, it'll happen.

Boston is another matter. The Scouts will need to go another notch further for that to happen.

The only thing that would make this year better is if they would enter the field in a company front as they did in the 80's and 90's. That was one tradition I hated to see changed because they had the stadium rocking before they played a single note!!

Where can I find the corps rehearsing in the Dallas area today. I want to go check it out.

Thanks. :laughing:

You'll have to hurry, they are at Forney HS but only until 3:15.

Edited by OICMR corps