Could the new pre-show rule lead to woodwinds?

Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's unlcear at this point.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But thats the point....You DONT need to read a dissertation to understand a show, at least one that has been decently designed, AND using last year as an example, most of the top corps had well designed shows. Maybe you do if you want to dig in a little and see what else the program offers, you can, but that is UP TO YOU as the audience member. People need to stop trying to shoehorn all fans into the same box. It doesnt work, and it never will.

Some people just like to see good music and marching and get their faces blown off - and corps need to do that. Some people like technical precision, clean drill - and corps need to do that. Some people like to see expression and beauty - and corps need to do that. Some people like to see a story told, be it Les Mis or Spartacus - and corps do that too. You want simplicity....lets play a little game. I fully acknowledge that my little game is not perfect, but i think it 'explains the gist of the show' in one or two sentences. In fact, i'll limit it to 5 words....hell, sometimes i'll just put the title.

1. 1930. Jazz. Depression. Revival. Chairs. :smile:

2. Finding Fantasy Land. Coming Home.

3. West Side Story. Enough Said.

4. Mountains and Caves, Oh MY!

5. Ballet for Martha. Appalachian Spring.

6. Cloud people. Imagine. Free Yourself.

7. Temptation. Desire. Lust. Guard uniforms. .... :smile:

8. World War from the factory.

9. Remember what got you here.

10. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

11. One....... and one.

12. Cowboys and Indians Side Story.

5 words to tell the story of a drum corps show ?

Opener

Color-Pre

Concert

production

closer

Edited by The Other Mike

5 words to tell the story of a drum corps show ?

Opener

Color-Pre

Concert

production

closer

Color presentation is 2 words....doesnt count :smile: . Besides, even if you made corps do that formula today (which would be fairly foolish), I'd bet money that most of them will still find a way to shoehorn a theme into that format, and they would probably make less sense....

Edited by euponitone

Color presentation is 2 words....doesnt count :smile: . Besides, even if you made corps do that formula today (which would be fairly foolish), I'd bet money that most of them will still find a way to shoehorn a theme into that format, and they would probably make less sense....

But I didn't use "color presentation" but hows this: ( with the middle 2 being placed anywhere )

opener

Production

percussion feature

closer

But I didn't use "color presentation" but hows this: ( with the middle 2 being placed anywhere )

opener

Production

percussion feature

closer

I can put the middle two anywhere??? SWEET. I'll put the Production in Michigan and the Percussion Feature in New Orleans. The show can be about the flight of the US population from the rust belt and the manufacturing industry combined with a completely unrelated (or maybe it is) percussion feature based on Zydeco. The judges and fans will surely love it!. Be right back....i need to go write up an 8 page show announcement and description, without listing any of the music, of course :smile:

I can put the middle two anywhere??? SWEET. I'll put the Production in Michigan and the Percussion Feature in New Orleans. The show can be about the flight of the US population from the rust belt and the manufacturing industry combined with a completely unrelated (or maybe it is) percussion feature based on Zydeco. The judges and fans will surely love it!. Be right back....i need to go write up an 8 page show announcement and description, without listing any of the music, of course :smile:

Wow, NOW I understand many more of last years shows.......................... :smile:

Wow, NOW I understand many more of last years shows.......................... :smile:

Yup....they sure were pretty out there...

/sarcasm

Edited by euponitone

So how about pre show and the possiblity of woodwinds?

I kind of gave up on the long, sensible posts after I kept getting things copied out of the DCP Cliches thread thrown at me in response. After 4 or 5 times of

" something seomthing something relevant"

followed by

"something *insert not so clever woodwinds and show themes suck joke* something something"

.....I tend to get bored and just ramble

Edited by euponitone