Could the new pre-show rule lead to woodwinds?

Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Pre-Show rule lead to woodwinds?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's unlcear at this point.

I kind of gave up on the long, sensible posts after I kept getting things copied out of the DCP Cliches thread thrown at me in response. After 4 or 5 times of

" something seomthing something relevant"

followed by

"something *insert not so clever woodwinds and show themes suck* something something"

.....I tend to get bored and just ramble

Winner

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Hey you gais......gais guess what?

It IS marching band (UH OH!). Woodwinds will be added eventually for new sounds and stuff.

So either sit back and enjoy or make your own drum corps circuit.

True enough regarding DCI... But your alternative is lacking-support DCA :smile: shows and enjoy the alumni performances.

The DCA bands are very nice too, of course. :smile::smile:

Some are " nicer" than others too.

OK so people have been expressing their fears about the new Pre-Show rules passed at the "Janual" meeting eventually leading to woodwinds becoming a part of the corps proper.

Here is the rationale: if woodwinds are brought into play for the 5 minute "anything goes" pre-show, corps directors in the future will say "Hey we already use them for the first part, let's just use them for the whole show" and finally create the dreaded rule allowing woodwinds to march.

My question is this: do you think that corps directors who have been raised on pure brass and drums like the rest of us would really allow drum corps to start including woodwinds in the future?

Let's hear the opinions roll.

As the majority have voted....." yes ".

Woodwinds are like unruly children. They should be seen but not heard.

So how about pre show and the possiblity of woodwinds?

the gateway rule to getting it fully legal

All I have to say is, God I hope not! I want marching band to be different from drum corps and vice versa.

Well said! When I go to a MB show I want see MB. When I go to a DCI/DCA show I expect to see exactly that! That being said, I fear that in 4-5 years DCI will become MB. :smile: Thank god for DCA! :sad:

Now if we could only go back to G bugles! :smile:

Buddy

Well said! When I go to a MB show I want see MB. When I go to a DCI/DCA show I expect to see exactly that! That being said, I fear that in 4-5 years DCI will become MB. :smile: Thank god for DCA! :sad:

Now if we could only go back to G bugles! :smile:

Buddy

If DCI needs to beef up the sound of the brass so that 80 horns sound like 45 G's, the good news is they will still have the option to dial it up on the musical machine which can crank out the sound of the G's.

It might be faux sounds. But as we are learning, there are no faux sounds on the field of competition. It's all "real". As "sound is sound". Plus,the repair costs on the machine only require the replacement of electode filters and what not from time to time. Otherwise, they can manufacture " real sound " for years and years.

Edited by BRASSO