Best 1st place corps of DCI 2000-2009  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

• 2000 - The Cadets/The Cavaliers (TIE)
    • 2001 - The Cavaliers "Four Corners"
    • 2002 - The Cavaliers "Frameworks"
    • 2003 - Blue Devils "The Phenomenon of Cool"
    • 2004 - The Cavaliers "007"
    • 2005 - The Cadets "The Zone" (Abreviation)
    • 2006 - The Cavaliers "Machine"
    • 2007 - Blue Devils "Winged Victory"
    • 2008 - Phantom Regiment "Spartacus"
    • 2009 - Blue Devils "1930"

Hello DCP (DCI Section!) This is a poll on the best 1st place corps from this decade. I have borrowed this idea from BOSMarcher, who started a series of these polls in the DCA section.

If this thread as been made before then I am sorry, I missed it at some point. At least this is a fresh poll and we can see new opinions.

NO flaming please.....I don't want to hear about chairs.

My vote goes to 2008 Phantom.

:thumbup::sad:

Edited by HighBrass09

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello DCP (DCI Section!) This is a poll on the best 1st place corps from this decade. I have borrowed this idea from BOSMarcher, who started a series of these polls in the DCA section.

If this thread as been made before then I am sorry, I missed it at some point. At least this is a fresh poll and we can see new opinions.

NO flaming please.....I don't want to hear about chairs.

My vote goes to 2008 Phantom.

:thumbup::sad:

It's really funny to see these year after year! Usually the more recent shows are voted as the best, and even if that isn't the case the results vary from year to year depending on who is still posting here.

This should be fun. :sad:

11. Cavaliers 2006

10. Cavaliers 2000

9. Cavaliers 2001

8. Cavaliers 2004

7. Blue Devils 2009

6. Phantom 2008

5. Cavaliers 2002

4. Blue Devils 2007

3. Cadets 2005

2. Cadets 2000

1. Blue Devils 2003

Edited by liebot

This will quickly devolve into not... " the best 1st place Corps from this decade" poll, but instead into " my favorite Corps show from this decade " poll.

Guaranteed.

Edited by BRASSO

This will quickly devolve into not... " the best 1st place Corps from this decade" poll, but instead into " my favorite Corps show from this decade " poll.

Guaranteed.

Well it's sort of the same thing....the point is to see what YOU (the people) think the best corps is, and that may be their favorite corps. I'm a devils guy....but I picked Phantom 08.

Sometimes its not about scores, or the judges!

Well it's sort of the same thing....the point is to see what YOU (the people) think the best corps is, and that may be their favorite corps. I'm a devils guy....but I picked Phantom 08.

Sometimes its not about scores, or the judges!

I hear you, but " who was the best 1st place Corps of the decade ? " is really a different question than " what 1st place show did you like the best this decade ? "

For example, the Cavaliers by Finals week in 2002 just dominated their competition. They won semi's by 1.50 points, and increased their spread the next nite at Finals to win by the title by a full 2 points.... and scored a 99.150 to boot.

Don't get me wrong, but in 2008 Phantom came from behind to upset the BD, ( after losing in semi's and quarters ) by .25 of a tenth of a point. They did not score a 99, and have never scored a 99. Anyone voting for 2008 Phantom as " best 1st place Corps of the decade " are voting for them as their " favorite 1st place show of the decade " it would seem to me, which is of course their perogative.

I voted for " best 1st place Corps of the decade " as the 2002 Cavaliers, followed in 2nd by the 2009 undefeated Blue Devils who also scored a 99 in Finals ...and pulled away in their winning spread from the Semi's too.

As for " my favorite 1st place Corps show of the decade, " I went with the 2006 Cavaliers " The Machine ", followed by 2005 " "The Zone", by The Cadets.......... Different Corps, for different questions. But people can certainly answer the poll however they see fit. That's cool too.

Edited by BRASSO

I hear you, but " who was the best 1st place Corps of the decade ? " is really a different question than " what 1st place show did you like the best this decade ? "

If I were smart like you, I would figure out how to make a poll about " best concept & show design that didn't come close to placing top 4".

Come on, you can do it.