2010 Countdown

2009 Carolina Crown, Santa Clara

1987 Garfield Cadets

1987 Sky Ryders

1985 Santa Clara Vanguard

1988 Blue Devils

This is the best lineup I have seen so far (the older videos give you a headache on the big screen). :smile:

I hope it is not raining, or the theaters will not get the reception in certain areas (like last year). :blink:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My interpretation:

DCI is acknowledging what previous Countdown votes already indicated: The fans wants contemporary drum corps, not historical.

Some here will be disappointed that DCI did so or that I said so. But the voting has long suggested this is so. So that's it.

HH

DCI is acknowledging what previous Countdown votes already indicated: The fans wants contemporary drum corps, not historical.

Not really.

If anything, the lineup shows the echoes of the past and the call to the future. 1987 Cadets App. Spring clips lead into SCV's 2009 version, 1987 Sky Ryders WSS evolves to Cadets 2009 WSS, BD 1988 rep and the similarities to BD 2009, and so on.

I think it's a nice blend of old and new, and tries to include as many folks as possible by structuring it that way.

IMO, it's the first Countdown I'm seriously considering attending since the event started.

Not really.

If anything, the lineup shows the echoes of the past and the call to the future. 1987 Cadets App. Spring clips lead into SCV's 2009 version, 1987 Sky Ryders WSS evolves to Cadets 2009 WSS, BD 1988 rep and the similarities to BD 2009, and so on.

I think it's a nice blend of old and new, and tries to include as many folks as possible by structuring it that way.

IMO, it's the first Countdown I'm seriously considering attending since the event started.

I agree with you. DCI is definitely displaying echoes of the past and calling to the present and future with this lineup of shows. I like to compare and contrast similar show themes and see how they turn out. It should be an interesting show. Maybe I'll go this year.

Not really.

yeah I agree. I like the old tying into the new part. This was well done by DCI.

Hey, here's an idea, add a showing of all the various Alumni shows over the years. Starting with 27th!! .... of course this is just a little self serving as I wouldn't mind seeing CAC888 on a big screen :)

Sorry, but for me this is a waste of money. I already HAVE the top 5 from last year...plus anybody else I want to see from last year, on the DVD's I purchased. The closest theater is an hour's drive so I can watch the same shows I can watch in my living room? I'll pass, thanks....

Sorry, but for me this is a waste of money. I already HAVE the top 5 from last year...plus anybody else I want to see from last year, on the DVD's I purchased. The closest theater is an hour's drive so I can watch the same shows I can watch in my living room? I'll pass, thanks....

Understandable, especially considering with all the difficulty people have had with audio levels, you can often get a better viewing experience in the living room.

I'll probably be there, assuming the theaters are the same as last year, since i'm less than a mile down the street from the theater.

The Countdown is as much a purpose for drum corps friends, old and new, to get together and hype about the coming season after coming off a bad winter in most parts of the country. People on DCP post notes about where they'll be and many impromptu get-togethers have happened due to that.

Drum corps is a social activity. Anything that brings us together instead of driving us apart is a good thing. That alone is worth driving an hour. (Anyone is welcomed to copy the previous sentence and add "Quoted for truth.") :tongue: :tongue: