Off the Wall Stuff In Shows

Pepe and his bucket of sand in 81

Now THAT was funny..... George Parks LOVED it too!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe ES used fire extinguishers years ago....right?

I was using them with the Sunrisers Drum Line back in 79 and 80.

1979 Photo from Chris Mignemi

1979_smokin_from_the_archives-NAMES.jpg

Direct Link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...hives-NAMES.jpg

1980 in Clifton, NJ (I think this Moe Knox photo is the only time I got "caught" with the fire extinguisher...)

1980SMOKINmerunning.jpg

Direct Link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...INmerunning.jpg

great memories... all efforts at entertainment putting bodies in the seats...

the 2 mentioned that hit home with me...

Westshore's dead (and almost dead) pigeons... come on... you have to smile... if not get arrested for cruelty to animals...

The other was Rod's darn motor cycles... no one will ever know how close they came to getting dca championship cancelled when they called the head groundskeeper and told him they were going to drive harley's on his precious grass... the phone calls that night reverberated across the country...

As I've said many time in the recent past... it's MUCH funnier now than it was at the 1980 DCA finals. :worthy:

(I'll be bringing some of those feathers with me to Harrisburg this year. I promised Mr Ream (and a few others) I'd bring them.)

A minor one to be sure, but... '77 or '78-ish... The Dream.... Skyliners with a silver ice bucket on the sideline, with champagne contained therein.

Andy I remember the 1978 Dream where Walter Kelly was NOT happy about that... hehe

1978 Dream - Skyliners, Walter Kelly wasn't happy that Butch had a glass of Champaigne before starting the show. (Photo from Carol Fallon)

1978Skyliners-WalterKellywasnthappy.jpg

Direct Link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...ywasnthappy.jpg

when Johnsonburg "whipped' Christ during Superstar in the 70's

Cru did that once that I know of at Lewisburg in the late 70s.

Hershman: "And you think we're hard on you when you're late for practice? #### they BEAT you!".

This started in the "The All DCA Corps" thread....

How about some wierd items in a show or done in a show.

Previously mentioned.

Bubble Machines, tanks, Uncle Sam on stilts, amped bass guitar - Empire Statesmen

Circus - Bush last year

New one: "There go the balloons" (mid 70s Hurcs).

OK, peanut gallery your turn....

In the late 50's/early 60's, Don Phipps of the Geneva Appleknockers Senior Corp routinely played an upright string bass during their Gershwin Medley in Winter stage concerts. He was also a hell of a French horn player.

In 75 both Matadors & Caballeros used steel drums on the field.

In 80 Matadors wheeled a large stage onto the field, had the infamous sop trio triple tonging

into megaphones. We also had basketballs & Frisbee in the drum solo.

And the bar was stocked.....Ask the Asst drum majors and soloists. Too Funny Gibbons

That was Bob Scott's private stock! The real deal, too!! If memory serves me correctly, there was a certain judge at the Buffalo Bills stadium show in 2001 that (kiddingly) asked for a drink. I gave him a double of gin. He did a spit take and proclaimes "Hey! That's real booze!!"

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!

yeah Joey wasn't prepared :worthy:

Okay, to set the record straight, I only put a (very) little bit of gin in that glass of water. :sad: I thought Joey was just a bit too nervous at that show, and I thought that might relax him a bit. How was I to know he would almost choke on it!? Now look at him! Not much shyness there now, is there!!? lol