Cavaliers 2010

I've removed the political aspect of the thread. Please stay on topic.

I apologize for that sometimes I get defensive on what I believe... so once again I do apologize for starting a small problem and taking your time on something that was very immature... but other than that the cavies should do good this year am I right or am I right :tongue:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, is a clip art sniper rifle really worth getting up in arms about? Heck, I'm not sure if the murders in Phantom's show were really that big of a deal. Family setting you say? Please. There is more violence, foul language, and sex in Saturday morning cartoons these days than would be possible in a drum corps show unless the guard got naked and actually killed a hornline member.

. . . unless the guard got naked and actually killed a hornline member.

Well now you've ruined the surprise for everyone.

Seriously, is a clip art sniper rifle really worth getting up in arms about? Heck, I'm not sure if the murders in Phantom's show were really that big of a deal. Family setting you say? Please. There is more violence, foul language, and sex in Saturday morning cartoons these days than would be possible in a drum corps show unless the guard got naked and actually killed a hornline member.

Well I think that overall everyone wants to be friendly me for an example I was out of line. I liked the cavies show logo a lot and now that its gone I am a little disappointed but I think they removed it for a good cause... I started something that was more or less stupid. I still feel kinda bad about it but eh i'll get over it... afterall it is DCP. Anyways what what you're saying here I agree saturday morning cartoons have gotten worse. Overall though I doubt the cavies will have something that will make people flip out but have something that will make us go bat crazy.

To be fair to the poster who originally started the discussion about the rifle, he wasn't complaining personally, just pointing out it might be a problem in some locations. He hasn't got anything on the DCP Moral Outrage Committee, which in the past has attacked:

1. Marc Sylvester's T-shirt.

2. The "violence" in Spartacus.

3. Cadets 2005 briefly referencing, musically and visually, a cartoonishly violent Quentin Tarantino film -- even though the offending music and guard uniforms were drawn from other movies.

4. My personal favorite -- Lamenting the corrupting, bohemian influence of Crown's 2004 show on its members. It's a little known fact that over half of that corps has already died from a combination of tuberculosis and alcohol poisoning.

This Cavaliers show, by the way, looks and sounds more intriguing (to me) than any of their shows since 2006.

Did people complain other then on DCP??

Yes.

I know this topic sorta died, but I have something relevant to post! Cavies released all of their show music today. You can find it on the website, but I'll post the repertoire here:

Mad World by Roland Orzabal

Harrison's Dream by Peter Graham

Dismantling Utopia by Pat Metheny

Smile by Charlie Chaplin

4. My personal favorite -- Lamenting the corrupting, bohemian influence of Crown's 2004 show on its members. It's a little known fact that over half of that corps has already died from a combination of tuberculosis and alcohol poisoning.

:tongue:

I know this topic sorta died, but I have something relevant to post! Cavies released all of their show music today. You can find it on the website, but I'll post the repertoire here:

Check out this link:

Harrison's Dream