KILTIES play on all Gs.

There will come a day where there is no longer a venue to play the magical Kanstul Powerbore Bugle. When that day comes I will build a shrine for it and pray too it daily. :thumbup::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The G bugle and Bb horn, which is louder, should be a Mythbusters episode. I've always felt as a horn player that the mouthpiece has as much to do with it as the horn but to get back on topic that is cool to hear the Kilties still play on G's as do a number of DCA corps. Whatever works for your corps is the best option.

The G bugle and Bb horn, which is louder, should be a Mythbusters episode. I've always felt as a horn player that the mouthpiece has as much to do with it as the horn but to get back on topic that is cool to hear the Kilties still play on G's as do a number of DCA corps. Whatever works for your corps is the best option.

And look at who won the Brass ensemble at I@E

Brass Ensemble

1. Kilties 96

2. Power Zone 95

3. DerbyCity Knights 94

4. Prime Time 93

5. Freelancers 92

6. Capital Brass #1 91

7. Renegades 89

8. Micro Brass 87

9. Capital Brass #2 85

10. ParkCity Pride 82

11. SteelCityAmbassadors 80

12. Shenandoah Sound 79

Just goes to show that this MYTH about G horns cannot win is so very untrue. They are not dead by a long shot.

You are, of course, referring to Empire's Bb contra line............we at 'Gades still march all G contras :)

You are wrong sir, The Empire Statesmen use G bugles in the line. The only player who has used a Bb or C instrument to my knowledge is Joey Pero... and why not, he would sound good on a garden hose.

I marched Contra in 2006, they are the Dynasty 5/4 model 4 valve G bugles. In no way are those horns Bb.

Like Kris said, they are some heavy SOB's... I believe something like 30 pounds or so.

I'm positive that we march G contras.

and they weigh 100000000000x more than the new Bb's corps use now.

Really? Could have SWORN you guys used Bb's!

You are wrong sir, The Empire Statesmen use G bugles in the line. The only player who has used a Bb or C instrument to my knowledge is Joey Pero... and why not, he would sound good on a garden hose.

I marched Contra in 2006, they are the Dynasty 5/4 model 4 valve G bugles. In no way are those horns Bb.

Like Kris said, they are some heavy SOB's... I believe something like 30 pounds or so.

I stand corrected.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go beat up the fool that told me dem lies :)

Well, how many of the Bb lines were there?

Doesn't really count when most of the lines there were all G.

There will come a day where there is no longer a venue to play the magical Kanstul Powerbore Bugle. When that day comes I will build a shrine for it and pray too it daily. :thumbup: :thumbup: :devil: :devil: :worthy:

But then you will have created a new venue to play your Kanstul Powerbore bugle, therefore no longer needing the shrine to which you are playing.....

:thumbup:

Brass Ensemble

1. Kilties 96

2. Power Zone 95

3. DerbyCity Knights 94

4. Prime Time 93

5. Freelancers 92

6. Capital Brass #1 91

7. Renegades 89

8. Micro Brass 87

9. Capital Brass #2 85

10. ParkCity Pride 82

11. SteelCityAmbassadors 80

12. Shenandoah Sound 79

Just goes to show that this MYTH about G horns cannot win is so very untrue. They are not dead by a long shot.

The horns NEVER WIN A THING it is the people playing them..............

How many times a year, and how many different thread titles can we come up with to say the same thing..............

Signed,

A former Guard Captain from

a little known drum corps.........