A Drum Corps Blind Spot

Yeah, especially since Granny said more than once, that the thread is not about how the staff dresses, but about corps achieving excellence in all that they do.

That's what this thread is about.

If you want to start a thread about how it's perfectly fine for a staff that inluences our youth to dress like slobs, then start that thread, and stay off this one! :tongue:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to take it back to fashion, while sitting in the stands in Dayton, two folks with a major instrument making company kept cracking all day about the fashion choices people wore onto the floor.

a direct quote" My God, some of these people dress worse than they do in DCI, and I thought some DCI staff people looked hideous. Don't they know what that does for their image?"

Jeff, you're not paying attention to those on this thread who know all.

A corps staff could walk onto the field on finals night wearing banana leaf loincloths with gorilla excrement in their hair, as long as the corps was doing "Out of Africa" as their show theme.

Oh, and as long as they won finals. :tongue:

Jeff, you're not paying attention to those on this thread who know all.

A corps staff could walk onto the field on finals night wearing banana leaf loincloths with gorilla excrement in their hair, as long as the corps was doing "Out of Africa" as their show theme.

Oh, and as long as they won finals. :tongue:

hyperbole, perhaps ? I didn't read where anybody here was making a case for that at all on this thread. Plus, this sounds like something concocted out of a horror flick, as no staff's been anywhere close to being seen depicted as such. That said, kudos to a wild eyed imagination if for nothing else.

Edited by BRASSO

Maybe we should return to the usual DCP recipe: bashing electronics, DCI and slotting. In contrast to this insistence on fashion freedom, I'm getting nostalgic for the quaint discourse that usually passes for logic around here.

Next topic: Hygiene only matters when there is disease involved.

Followed by: Sexual harassment is really a communications issue.

Still to come: Anarchy is easier.

HH

Says who? You?

This isn't to say that appearances don't matter sometimes -- and that's a lesson kids are learning too -- appearance DOES matter in uniform doesn't it?

Who cares what the staff is wearing? Most likely it's people who focus on the superficial instead of the essential.

A couple of snippets from your reply. Am I confused? Yes.

You go from giving a relativistic statement that there is nothing objective to saying that dress does matter sometimes (to which i say, says who? You?) back to saying it doesn't matter again.

So really what you're saying is that we should only exercise excellence sometimes. This is precisely why I used the subtitle I did: "The Affliction of Mediocrity" because some believe that excellence and integrity are only important when we're in the spotlight. I say those character traits need to be present FIRST when nobody is watching.

I say we should call in Queer Guys for a Staff make Over for all the corps :tongue:

Yes, I think all of us in the Fashion Police Dept. of DCP can agree that it would not be ( as you said ) " ok if staff instruct in g-strings".

So are you saying that dress does matter? C'mon. Which is it? Either there is some sort of objective standard or there isn't. Now, our lines of appropriateness might be in different places, but I think everyone here would say there is some kind of line that should not be crossed.

Maybe we should return to the usual DCP recipe: bashing electronics, DCI and slotting. In contrast to this insistence on fashion freedom, I'm getting nostalgic for the quaint discourse that usually passes for logic around here.

Next topic: Hygiene only matters when there is disease involved.

Followed by: Sexual harassment is really a communications issue.

Still to come: Anarchy is easier.

HH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...