Tell Me Why...

I have a class with a final exam tonight. But I probably wouldn't go even if I didn't. Other than the camp features and the historical snippets, isn't this just what we saw in theaters last August for quarterfinals. only the finals performances, of course?

I AM going to see if how the HD looks on the bigscreen.

I'll be curious to hear what you think of it after you've seen it. I saw quarterfinals in a digital theater and I didn't think it looked particularly high def. It was not as sharp as the Blu-Rays on a good HD home set.

DCI is marketing this towards young people, and many young people who will pay to see DCI are not interested in the historical material that the older fans (including me) would prefer. DCI may be right to do it this way. They may make more money doing this. Band groups may go for this one.

Edited by Peel Paint

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going because I am participating in a reading orchestra tonight, run by a friend of mine. Also, I own all the performances on DVD, and I have access to small lecture-style classrooms with DVD projectors, I so it wouldn't be anything new to me.

Working at that time. Some of us have jobs!

I need to get in a bit more practice time ahead of auditions this weekend. Otherwise I had planned to go.

Don't think it's showing in Scotland......! :thumbup:

Not enough Old-New mix. I like the old school and new shows, but everything they are showing is too new. Unless you have all of the DVD's of the older shows, when was the last time you saw Blue Devils show from 1979, or Cadets 1984.

I would definately like to see some early 80's shows mixed in with some from the 90's and 2000's. When DCi thought this up, and called it the "Classic Countdown" I thought they had a great idea. Start getting everyone pumped up for the summer season by starting out with historical shows and building it up to the current crop of shows. Then you hit the stadiums for the newest the corps have to offer.

Bring that back and, for me, it will once again be a "do not miss it" event.

P.S. Someone should send this thread to the DCi marketing chiefs!

Total lack of interest.

I might not be going now, as i may have some friends going out, and quite frankly of the top 5 last year, 2.5 of those shows were kinda 'meh' to me. Names withheld to protect the guilty. The value just isnt there in a predetermined (no voting on the order even?) lineup, with only one year, and only 5 shows.

Edited by AlexL

To simply replay last year's top 5 is lazy and most of the fans who are rabid enough to attend, already own the shows.

This lazy approach to the Countdown needs to be re evaluated or it will be the death of the Countdown. LOVED the Classic Countdown where you could watch shows from ALL the eras on the big screen, simply replaying the last years top 5 is.......dumb.