2010 Uniforms

True story - after coming back from boot camp in '93 and having completely forgotten about DCI, I was flipping through channels and caught the end of the PBS broadcast. Came in about 4 minutes into Star's performance. Now think about that - had no clue what was going on in drum corps in '93, and back then had no way of finding out, then freakin' *Star* is the first thing I see? I had no clue in the slightest who ... or what... I was watching. Then the Cadets come on and I think, "okay, at least they look normal," then they proceed to throw down that melody challenged (yet incredibly well performed) show. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for about 30 minutes there.

Mike

wouldnt it play into peoples posts that they dont do anything that is new and their own identity?

Lets face it... so much of what everyone does is something that has been done before. Corps see what has worked, and if itll work in their show, use it as well.

Honestly, it's been 23 years - if they choose to copy, I think it'd be okay. Not one of the current MM's was alive the last time it was tried. That'd be like saying '87 SCV copied some move done by the 1964 Emerald Knights.

Mike

I Agree BUT these designers CLAIM to be the best in the business, Set some new standards of your own I say. Anyone can revamp an old effect

Love Crown But hope they arent going to do the uniform change thing SCV did way back...it was cool for SCV but I would hope these people wouldnt try and copy

I've seen high school bands do the SCV uniform switch with the tunnel.

I hope this is more like what they did in 09 with the main character....or BD 07 where it was right in your face....or something new and unique.

I remember the corps seeing Star for the first time in '90, and everyone trying to figure out who they were.

And I remember by the US Open, you didn't even have to see the uniforms to know it was Star. You could smell them.

True story - after coming back from boot camp in '93 and having completely forgotten about DCI, I was flipping through channels and caught the end of the PBS broadcast. Came in about 4 minutes into Star's performance. Now think about that - had no clue what was going on in drum corps in '93, and back then had no way of finding out, then freakin' *Star* is the first thing I see? I had no clue in the slightest who ... or what... I was watching. Then the Cadets come on and I think, "okay, at least they look normal," then they proceed to throw down that melody challenged (yet incredibly well performed) show. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for about 30 minutes there.

Mike

Bet it was Epic!

:plain:

did not like that.

I thought it was cool. Played into the show nicely.

No and AFAIK no one in the membership has seen them yet either. There were described in some detail at the April camp.

Yup, that's right. We've been told about what's changed, but when someone asked when we'd get to see the new uniforms, the answer was "probably when you get fitted at spring training!".