Changes in DCI?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With fewer and fewer corps- and fewer and fewer shows- as it is, it does make me wonder how sustainable the current tour system is, but it also makes me wonder how clumping the "Big 6" (BD, Crown, Cadets, Vanguard, Cavies and Phantom) together and letting the other corps go do whatever will be any more effective.

I can't imagine any configuration not including Corps like Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Madison Scouts, Blue Stars. ( among several others ). So I'll not read too much into info from tweets, or any other so called " source " about segmenting the activity further. This might be all much to do about nothing at all. Especially, when it looks like a few of these Corps look poised this year to maybe knock off one or two or more of these Corps listed in the 6 here.

Edited by BRASSO

Aren't the corps non profit organizations?

Do not want to digress here, but non-profits are allowed to make money as long as the money goes back into the organization. BD, SCV, Cadets all make millions and millions of dollars each year (especially through bingo). Check out their 990 tax forms through a website called Guidestar. Now back to the topic at hand. The "it" that is caussing the power struggle.

non profit doesnt mean you break even or lose money

But it should be profits be shared equally amonst all participants or organizations that fall under the definition of the non-profit.

Right now that does not happen - you have corps making upwards of 60k for a seaon and some making less than 10k and it is not even based on how much you tour cause some opens are touring more than some worlds right now.

Edited by Jared315

But it should be profits be shared equally amonst all participants or organizations that fall under the definition of the non-profit.

Right now that does not happen - you have corps making upwards of 60k for a seaon and some making less than 10k and it is not even based on how much you tour cause some opens are touring more than some worlds right now.

that's not how any organization is ever required to work by law, profit or non-profit

I can't imagine any configuration not including Corps like Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Madison Scouts, Blue Stars. ( among several others ). So I'll not read too much into info from tweets, or any other so called " source " about segmenting the activity further. This might be all much to do about nothing at all. Especially, when it looks like a few of these Corps look poised this year to maybe knock off one or two or more of these Corps listed in the 6 here.

I'm with you here. Speculation here is really not helping. I hope DCI decides to make an announcement soon so we can stop wondering and start seeing what's going on.

But it should be profits should be shared equally amonst all participants or organizations that fall under the definition of the non-profit.

The SCV non-profit organization is completely different from the Revolution non-profit organization and each are responsible for their own well being. DCI is a non-profit organization which has voting members (which currently are just the WC corps) but DCI does not financially help the corps themselves. DCI just provides some venues, marketing, rules of competition, etc... for the overall actiity.

I'm with you here. Speculation here is really not helping. I hope DCI decides to make an announcement soon so we can stop wondering and start seeing what's going on.

what are you talking about its drum corps where everyone keeps everything a secret :plain:

The one thing I have to wonder is why DCW would post the teaser. That is intriguing to me.