Changes in DCI?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With fewer and fewer corps- and fewer and fewer shows- as it is, it does make me wonder how sustainable the current tour system is, but it also makes me wonder how clumping the "Big 6" (BD, Crown, Cadets, Vanguard, Cavies and Phantom) together and letting the other corps go do whatever will be any more effective.

With fewer and fewer corps- and fewer and fewer shows- as it is, it does make me wonder how sustainable the current tour system is, but it also makes me wonder how clumping the "Big 6" (BD, Crown, Cadets, Vanguard, Cavies and Phantom) together and letting the other corps go do whatever will be any more effective.

No problem. If they have " Super6 " in a few years, DCI could subdivide again with " The Elite 3 " of BD, Cadets, Cavs ".

Then subdivide that into ultimately" " The LDCS Title "( ie., " The Last Drum Corps Standing " Title).

I always assumed that this would be the Boston Crusaders. But under the new format it will probably be the Blue Devils before we give the keys to the janitor to sweep the floor, shut the lights out, close all the wndows and lock the front and back doors before leaving for good.

Edited by BRASSO

There is word from a top source that 7 corps believe they are the show and are making move to demand more revenue and exculsive rights in competition. The rest of the field of corps are just filler corps in thier eyes and not real competition. (NOT MY VIEW AT ALL)

Would you stop supporting DCI if the top 7 corps moved on? This is an interesting point of discussion and one I hope does not get censored or closed upon.

My vote would be to let them go..... I find myself every year more entertained by the "lower" placing corps anyway.

There is word from a top source that 7 corps believe they are the show and are making move to demand more revenue and exculsive rights in competition. The rest of the field of corps are just filler corps in thier eyes and not real competition. (NOT MY VIEW AT ALL)

Would you stop supporting DCI if the top 7 corps moved on? This is an interesting point of discussion and one I hope does not get censored or closed upon.

My vote would be to let them go..... I find myself every year more entertained by the "lower" placing corps anyway.

I can see many fans not following those that break away and supporting DCI instead