Does this pass the sniff test?

Howdy, so by this response I can take it that you did put your trust in Chris to become the Director and oversee a multi-million dollar organization?

Stu I do not believe in discriminating against any adult because of their age. I believe that someone becomes an adult when they reach the age of 18. Young people are the future of our activity. If we do not believe in them who will?

I remember when I was a young youth minister, and how I was discriminated against. Chris had some great ideas. I only wish that I would have been well enough to have been able to help him more. I have seen many older adults fail young people in this activity.

I remember how difficult it was for me when I ran a drum and bugle corps. I remember how hard it was to please everyone, and how no matter what I did people criticized me. I also remember that it is a whole lot easier to criticize a new corps director, than it is to actually be a new corps director.

In this activity, one way many of us become successful is thru failure. I know of a top 12 drum corps director who has a legitimate chance to win DCI this year who completely failed at his first attempt at being a drum corps director, and I know this is true because I was the soloist in his first drum corps.

Edited by Howdy

I am very impressed watching Chainsaw develop as a young man, and as an excellent marching member of a world class drum corps. Chainsaw went from beginning to learn how to play a baritone, to baritone section leader in a very short time.

As an instructor I admired Chainsaw's strong determination to excel in many different areas of drum corps.

Chainsaw was even playing the baritone in drum corps shows in less than two weeks from when he first started playing.

Most impressive.

Chainsaw is a winner, both on and off the field.

Thanks Mikey, I apperciate what you just said, but for the record I am not baritone section leader. I thank you for your instruction at Pioneer in 2008, and wish you and your family good luck in the future.

I do not believe in discriminating against any adult because of their age. I believe that someone becomes an adult when they reach the age of 18. Young people are the future of our activity. If we do not believe in them who will?

So Howdy, in your opinion, once a person reaches the age of 18 that person becomes an adult; and because we should not discriminate, we have to therefore trust that the 18-year old has the wisdom and experience to be put in charge of the health, welfare, and care of 150 - 200 people, and has the education and knowledge to run a multi-million dollar corporation as Director. Nice.

Edited by Stu

So Howdy, in your opinion, once a person reaches the age of 18 that person becomes an adult; and because we should not discriminate, we have to therefore trust that the 18-year old has the wisdom and experience to be put in charge of the health, welfare, and care of 150 - 200 people, and has the education and knowledge to run a multi-million dollar corporation as Director. Nice.

Stu I do not believe that discrimination of any kind belongs in drum corps. This includes age , sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, or any other kind of illegal discrimination.

Chris Nagy is an excellent young man. Perhaps he was a little too

ambitious.

Chris Nagy did what many older adults such as I (Heritage 1993-1994) and Kevin Smith

(Chattahoochee Sound Association 1981)

and many others have have done. Chris was unable to field a drum

corps.

I admire and respect Chris Nagy (not counting Madison) for trying to

offer kids a chance to march in a drum corps from Indiana. Indiana

needs a drum and bugle corps. Instead of throwing stones at Chris

Nagy, we all should be trying to help him achieve all of his dreams.

Edited by Howdy

Stu I do not believe that discrimination of any kind belongs in drum corps. This includes age , sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, or any other kind of illegal discrimination.

ambitious.

Chris Nagy did what many older adults such as I (Heritage 1993-1994) and Kevin Smith

corps.

I believe we've seen enough of these start-ups that fizzled before fruition that we're skeptical about how much we'll support beyond a pat on the back and a good luck. Even so, most 18 year olds that I've run into (including in drum corps) don't have the managerial and financial know-how to get it beyond a decent pipe-dream. It usually helps to have a set group of people with a variety of backgrounds to get an organization like that off the ground, and Nagy didn't have it.

First of all my academic degrees are not fake. I hold a Masters of Art in Religion, Masters of Religious Education, and Master of Divinity from Liberty University. This can be easily verified by contacting:

Phone: (434)592-5100

FAX: (434)582-2187

E-mail (No attachments, please) registrar@liberty.edu

Address:

Registrar's Office

Liberty University

1971 University Blvd

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Hours:

M-F 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.;

Closed for Convocation M, W, F 9:30-11:30 A.M.;

Liberty University is fully S.A.C.S. accredited.

I am also a graduate of Florida Bible College and Atlanta Christian College.

I hold two graduate degrees from Gwinnett- Hall Baptist College and Seminary.

Second, "my" ministry is not "bogus".

The Trumpet of the Lord Ministry is # 4 of all time in the # of concert dates for Christian professional trumpet ministries.

I have been listed as one of the top 10 best Christian professional trumpet players.

The Trumpet of the Lord Ministry is a 501(s)3 not for profit association.

In the future I would appreciate it if you did not spread misinformation about me and the Trumpet of the Lord Ministry.

Regards,

Michael "Mikey Schmidt

Mt. Verd, Tennessee

"for the kids"

I merely stated the truth. You have only yourself to blame for your bad reputation. Nobody did it to you.

ambitious.

corps.

Discriminate: 1 : to make a distinction, to use good judgment (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). That is the definition properly used in this situation. In DCI, the staff discriminates in this manner through auditions, the judges discriminate by determining who plays and marches better, the audience discriminates by who they support. If we do not discriminate between good and bad investments we will go broke, if we do not discriminate between good and bad milk we can die. So the word "discriminate" is a positive when applied in the correct context. In this case, we certainly can make a distinction, to use good judgment, concerning if an 18 – 19 year old has the skills, knowledge, and wisdom to be placed in the position of looking out for the welfare of 200 lives and a multi-million dollar organization.