drum corps G-7's

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All they need to do is threaten to take their ball away if those without a ball won't agree to their rules

If I was a betting man I'll bet we hear that it was just a misunderstanding , and next year there is no split amoung the Magnificent Seven into two tour groups , amazingly the schedule will reflect the dirty work! ( tour a will be 1-7 tour b will be all others )

I agree fully with a previous poster that some director's are falling out of touch ( can't believe it and will change the rules to reinforce their view of the activity )

Ya but they're threatenning to do that anyway with their proposal, right?

This thread is funny to me. Every year I've been in drum corps, I've seen the stands at quarters and semis almost empty. Then when finals night comes around, the stands are filled to capacity. How many of YOU are actually in the stands before the top 7 corps come onto the field? Most of you NOW want to villainize the top 7 corps because of what this OP has posted, and none of us knows ANY of it to be true. But be real with yourselves. If you want to be pissy at the top 7 corps, then practice what you preach and go to shows when NONE of the top 7 corps are featured in those shows.

I watch every show I spend MY money to see. Its a waste to buy a ticket just to see a few corps. I live in MI and go to both Toledo shows the Kalamazoo/battle creek show and sometimes the OC in south lyon. All those shows have a few small groups like pioneer legends colt cadets and even some DCA corps. They all deserve to be watched. Sometimes your corps from 8-12 have more entertaining shows then the top 7.

I watch every show I spend MY money to see. Its a waste to buy a ticket just to see a few corps. I live in MI and go to both Toledo shows the Kalamazoo/battle creek show and sometimes the OC in south lyon. All those shows have a few small groups like pioneer legends colt cadets and even some DCA corps. They all deserve to be watched. Sometimes your corps from 8-12 have more entertaining shows then the top 7.

Hey- if you get MBI at the show Papi- I'm jealous. They rarely come east. Money well spent.

Ya but they're threatenning to do that anyway with their proposal, right?

right - my point is they don't need a vote or majority to achieve their goal.

I can can honestly say I hope "my" corps never buys into this kind of elietist bull sh##. If this goes down in 2011 my butt hits the door the second the first G-7 corps hit the field. I would hope that for the integrity of the activity, alumni of all of these corps would be seriously questioning their current leadership.

so says you...

G

So says the DCI member surveys that Papa Smurf referenced [concerning up to %50 of those in the G-7 have lower corps experience], and so says the staff roster bios of most of the lower corps [concerning many lower corps seeking out G-7 people for their staff].