• against it
    • undecided wait and see
    • other

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that already happen throughout the season with some small shows?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to have it go on all season with the same small number of corps?

Hey Frank what about "The Smoking Gun"? And really can't finish my thought but involves Tonya Harding, Todd Bridges, Danny Bonaduci, etc. :lookaround:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

here is my counter proposal of a sorts...one that makes things more equitable:

leave out the votes and Dan being out...this is just their shows

and also, this plan doesnt take into account events like Allentown, traditionally a 2 night gig, and the possiblity that San Antonio could be again if Jerry Jones gets greedy.

let some G7 shows happen...with people added in regionally. I'm not going to be naive enough to think any OC corps that isnt a feeder for a G7 corps or a DCA corps will get added in to the mix.

Norcal Show: G7, but add in PC and Mandarins and Cascades.

Denver...G7 with BK and Troopers and Academy

Texas....G7 and Crossmen..and maybe Academy if not at Denver

Minnesota..G7 with Blue Stars and Pioneer

(snip)

No.

No counter-proposals.

If the G7 are all they're cracked up to be, they can already run their own events in addition to their DCI tours. Or they can pull out of DCI and run their own circuit, free from the "burden" of "subsidizing" all those other corps. Their departure (a couple of them, at least) is inevitable, and there is no point in the remainder of DCI weakening themselves in trying to appease these bullies for some brief period.

I can't possibly read 65 pages of banter so I'll just say this if it hasn't been said already: According to what evidence and information we all have, the facade of "for the good of the activity" is not being bought, otherwise this conversation wouldn't be going on. The most inclined of the G7 should take the Star of Indiana approach if they want to focus on nothing but themselves and really explore the activity. Find some other creative venue of performance and make your money that way. Do not drag everyone else down.

Edited by Crassissimo

Someone asked for average Placements for corps from 1990-2009 (20 years) and 2000-2009 (10 years)

Based on these results there has been a G6 for the last 20 years not a G7

1990-2009

Blue Devils 2.40

Cavaliers 2.60

The Cadets 2.65

Phantom Regiment 4.65

Santa Clara Vanguard 4.85

Bluecoats 8.20

Madison Scouts 8.40

Crossmen 9.80

Blue Knights 9.95

Glassmen 10.45

Boston Crusaders 11.10

Carolina Crown 12.85

Colts 14.10

Magic of Orlando 14.60

Spirit 14.74

The Academy 15.00

Blue Stars 15.67

Capital Regiment 17.00

Seattle Cascades 17.56

Pacific Crest 18.43

Southwind 18.81

Mandarins 19.27

Troopers 19.32

Pioneer 20.13

2000-2009

Cavaliers 1.90

Blue Devils 2.10

The Cadets 2.90

Phantom Regiment 4.60

Santa Clara Vanguard 5.10

Bluecoats 6.80

Boston Crusaders 7.90

Carolina Crown 8.10

Blue Knights 10.10

Glassmen 10.10

Madison Scouts 10.80

Blue Stars 11.00

Crossmen 11.90

Spirit 13.10

Colts 13.60

The Academy 15.00

Magic 16.00

Capital Regiment 17.00

Southwind 17.25

Seattle Cascades 17.56

Mandarins 18.30

Pacific Crest 18.43

Troopers 19.33

Pioneer 21.20

So why not put our efforts in to promoting Pacific Crest and Mandarins?

because, just like there is elitism in some staff, there is also in some fans....they want only the "cream of the crop" in their eyes, they dont care about the little guy, they probably dont even show up to watch them, or talk through their performances....

G

i guess i don't see what the big deal is.

faced with what they have determined to be an imminent demise of the governing body, several groups have apparently banded together to keep their doors open long enough to see what is next.

So the "imminent demise of the governing body" would NOT be a big deal? :lookaround:

And we only treat them that way as long as they keep beating the rest of the corps. How many people followed Madison Scouts in that manner the past few years?

It is human nature to want to see the winners, whoever they may be. If Pioneer and Cascades start winning this summer, people will be in the lot watching them while the G7 are on the field.

Finally !!!! :lookaround:

G

Please cite something in this thread or any other thread where it appears I've been big-headed. When you do, I will surely apologize as I did not try to come off that way.

nah you've been good in this thread.

:lookaround:

because, just like there is elitism in some staff, there is also in some fans....they want only the "cream of the crop" in their eyes, they dont care about the little guy, they probably dont even show up to watch them, or talk through their performances....

G

That's unfortunate.

I wish people could be convinced that if you bring the non-g7 to g7 status, then you could potentially have that much more competition.

Kind of a communist way of looking at it. But it works better in these terms, I think.