Here's hoping Blue Stars and BAC

I wish them nothing but the best. I actually loved the kids there But I also wasnt talking about staff issue. Management issues and bad decisions is what put them in the postion they were in. If the G& dont have issues ( Which is far from the truth ) And? MAybe the others need to take a lesson and a hard look at them selves.

Not really debating you at all. I just see alot of entitlement going on here . NO ENTITLEMENT..., EARN IT !

"NO ENTITLEMENT....,EARN IT!"

Exactly.

We agree.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But didn't "they compete in ( for) the top 7 " last year ?

And succeed ?

Or are you baseing this on your assumption that all the Corps around them for top 7 have made " serious improvements " over last year in the off season and that Boston in your view this off season has not ? Not a flame. Just asking, mind you.

I think they would need to make vast improvements from last year to stay top 7 in 2010.

BRASSO, thanks for that piece of drum corps history. And YES, what a point it makes about drum corps supremacy being open (and for that matter, inspirational!).

GO Boston

GO Blue Stars

GO Troopers

GO Madison

GO everyone else who aspires to earn their achievements rather than annointing themselves with a "G7" title.

And not only annointing themselves, but the setting of group slotting for the FOLLOWING year and calling themselves " "The TOP ACTS" for that year. The G-7 arn't even the top 7 from LAST year, let alone if we know whether or not they'll be the top 7 for THIS year. Unless they already know something we don't know about the final 7 for this year here in May ...before anyone even puts their uniform on, let alone finish the 2010 competitive season at Finals.

Edited by BRASSO

I think they would need to make vast improvements from last year to stay top 7 in 2010.

Agreed, but also, I am sure there will be a lot of changes in placements as it always happens. But some corps you can pretty much count on being at least in finals.

But then again, we'll see.

I seem to remember Phantom Regiment almost going under a few years back. It was big news when they defaulted on their loan, and hit newspapers, causing major embarassment. Then all of a sudden they started to receive preferential treatment from DCI, with at least 3 placements well above where they should be. DCI basically bailed out their behind, and now they want to crap on DCI.

I guess I can see why they are really for the split, even though they aren't in the most recent top 7. At the same time though, you would think they would have a little more respect for the corps that don't receive special treatment, and are also close to folding, or having major financial problems.

It would actually be humorous if Phantom fell out of the top 12 this year, after being inducted into the G7. I wouldn't completely rule it out either, they dropped 8 placements last year, and Glassmen and Blue Knights are both capable of top 5 finishes, and could easily knock them out. And if Madison comes storming back with the new staff and Colts or Academy would have a stellar season, they could knock Phantom out of top 12. And while it probably wouldn't happen, it is always a possibility.

Which begs the question, How are judges going to be influenced by all the goings on?

And not only annointing themselves, but the setting of group slotting for the FOLLOWING year and calling themselves " "The TOP ACTS" for that year. The G-7 arn't even the top 7 from LAST year, let alone if we know whether or not they'll be the top 7 for THIS year. Unless they already know something we don't know about the final 7 for this year here in May ...before anyone even puts their uniform on, let alone finish the 2010 competitive season at Finals.

They should look at the past ten years to get a sample of placement gives a over all better view. maybe thing are changing should be a interesting year.

I said the SAME THING!!!! I go Boston and Bluestars!!! Heck i dont care who it is at this point as long as its not G7 and I am a life long fan of some of those G7 corps rethinking my life!!!!

They should look at the past ten years to get a sample of placement gives a over all better view. maybe thing are changing should be a interesting year.

I respect your idea of trying to find a "fair" way of coming up with a way to figure this mess out, but if you were to go back

10 years.... Blue Stars were in div2/3...... Troopers were not in top 12..... Carolina MAY have just clamed Div 1 status..

(not sure on that .. please dont blast me if Im wrong...) Crossmen were in and out ....

I applaud your efforts to try to find a "reason" of making this work.... but IMHO.... I just dont think this whole

ordeal has a chance, since DCI has changed so much over the years...I've been told anyway.....

just some thoughts...

John

I seem to remember Phantom Regiment almost going under a few years back. It was big news when they defaulted on their loan, and hit newspapers, causing major embarassment. Then all of a sudden they started to receive preferential treatment from DCI, with at least 3 placements well above where they should be. DCI basically bailed out their behind, and now they want to crap on DCI.

I guess I can see why they are really for the split, even though they aren't in the most recent top 7. At the same time though, you would think they would have a little more respect for the corps that don't receive special treatment, and are also close to folding, or having major financial problems.

It would actually be humorous if Phantom fell out of the top 12 this year, after being inducted into the G7. I wouldn't completely rule it out either, they dropped 8 placements last year, and Glassmen and Blue Knights are both capable of top 5 finishes, and could easily knock them out. And if Madison comes storming back with the new staff and Colts or Academy would have a stellar season, they could knock Phantom out of top 12. And while it probably wouldn't happen, it is always a possibility.

Which begs the question, How are judges going to be influenced by all the goings on?

sorry, but Phantoms placement was no bailout from DCI. it was earned by the design team and the kids.