Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

Not sure if anyone else has already posted actual actions yet, so I may be the first. Today I burned (literally) my last G-7 tee shirt (SCV 89 tour shirt), and then cancelled my hotel reservations for three shows that I had planned to go to that had a large number of the G-7 corps participating (Normal, Madison, and Minneapolis). Made reservations for the Metamora, IL show on 7/6 (no G-7's there), and two Open Class shows (DeKalb and Dubuque). I've also made reservations for Labor Day weekend in Rochester, NY :tongue: .

Cool. Please PM me the dates,G7 venues & hotel names. G7 events will be hard to find tickets & hotel space for. On the otherhand, you'll have no problem getting tickets for your non-g7 events...we both win!

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think they called up the corps admin, and wrote Dan a letter saying "We're holding a meeting...bye"?

And what do you think....that they told them "we're holding a meeting to draft a plan to give us double votes and other corps no votes, but we'll tell you the rest in May"?

Best post on the topic to date, as you are, as far as I recall..the only one posting here who has actually read the proposals,

No, he read the G7 press release's description of the proposal (i.e. rainbows and unicorns).

The first sentence in his post says....

"I've read the proposal. "

I am assuming that is true in what I posted. So far, noone has pointed me at a post where someone else made that claim. Maybe there are others...I just do not recall seeing any.

Plenty of people (including yourself) are referring to the middle section of the rainbows-and-unicorns G7 press release as "the proposal". Haven't seen anyone here claiming they have read the entire 60-page PowerPoint presentation.

You seriously didn't read the antagonistic conversational implicature going on in Dan A's letter toward the G7 group?

It wasn't even very carefully blanketed...and I'd say intentionally so on his part.

Um, no. In fact, Acheson doesn't mention the G7 at all in the entire statement. Care to retract?

My favorite part.

"So ..

the issues of the day may not be the proposal. What caused the ruckus were folks who did not follow the directive of the chair that all was confidential. AND .. today, we have an internet.

That changes all ... folks talk, folks pass information and whether it is true or not it gets passed. This can be good .. or not so good I guess. In this case, there is so much out there that is incomplete it's incredible. And by the way, since this is drum corps why in god's name would folks not give their name to quotes? It's not a national secret is it?"

And he's got a point. Why hide if you are telling the truth? This isn't national security, it's drum corps.