Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

Edited, not worth it......

G

Works for me....there are enough "facts" being posted.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 23 world class corps... you have to be in WC for X number of year (3?) before you get a vote, yes (this might be wrong)? This would mean that Teal Sound and Jersey Surf don't have a vote yet, which would leave 21 corps.

Greedy7 get 2 votes = 14

other corps = 14

This would allow the Greedy7 to block any more. Of course, according to DCW, some other corps will have 1 vote, and some will have 0 votes. So the other corps might not even be at 14. It could be 14 for the Greedy7 and 10 for the other semi-finalists.

We'll find out in time what the the breakdown is on the voting, re. number of votes each Corps has and what not. This part on who gets what number of votes seems rather murky right now for me to get a good handle on that aspect of this. What an effin mess.

What an effin mess.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I don't know all histories of the various directors and their backgrounds nor the details of the politics involved. But as much as I try, I can't come up with a good outcome should this proposal pass.

All along I thought that fuel prices would be the death of drum corps. Maybe it's just a ploy to make woodwinds seem like not such a bad thing??

Why?

By that logic, Blue Knights (who run a drum corps, two winter guards and two percussion ensembles), Colts (who run two drum corps and two choral programs), and Academy (who runs a drum corps, a wind ensemble, stage shows and a myriad of clinics) deserve more room at the table than Cavaliers, Bluecoats or Phantom Regiment.

Fair enough. The argument for room at the table by this standard doesnt hold up, given that new information, and should be omitted.

As I said, people are free to disagree on the content of the proposals, but even Dan states that the G7 directors are coming at this with what they consider to be what is best for DCI as a whole. I'm not sure about ANY of the ideas yet. On the surface some seem good and others not-so-good, but who knows?

i would say that if this were greatly modified, there is a redeeming thought or two in there. they just dont involve canning Dan, taking away money, being exclusive and hogging votes

Sorry Jeff, I really don't have that much time on my hands to go through those things. I read through the press releases, I DID read the DCW article, and I read the release that Atchison put out. And I've read the overviews of the proposal that was posted on here. SO, I have gone through this stuff, and I do believe that this has been blown completely out of proportion as being this awful thing that will be the death of DCI. I think most of the folks on here need to start looking at positives, this means more shows, more competition for the members.

And on a side note, Murfeesboro (sp?) is set up as a top 8 show, and that's an awesome show. People love that one. I think adding more shows like that to the schedule will be great.

one , maybe 2 is a great idea. not every Friday and Sunday

My senior year (06... we should have won not you :tongue: ) we were warming up in the pouring rain. Found a spot that wasn't a lake. They come up and tell us we can't stand on that part of the parking lot, and have to move 30 yards further away from the stadium which is completely flooded out. Our staff member warming us up was probably close to getting arrested. Haha.. our woodwinds warmed up in our rental truck.

OKAY back to your normal Greedy7 discussions.

hah...our woodwinds sucked it up and stayed in the rain ( and no, we should have won :tongue: )

Right... Because of all the G7 members, Hop is the most susceptible to public opinion.

Please... if he was worried about souvies and donations, do you think he would've pushed voice and electronics and everything else EVIL??

Get a grip....

actually, at times he is. I remember a few years when he complained about GE scoring as fans threw babies at the shows, but the judges didnt. conversly, in some of their recent less popular offerings, he lobbied as hard as he could to get support for the show

they see that option now...but if they see G&'s idea going thru, then no, the gravy train is so much better than what they have.

look I know bingo laws getting changed around have hurt some corps...thats why a smart business doesnt put all of their eggs in one basket.

this proposal is putting all of their eggs in one basket, and it's one they think will make them an ####### of money for years to come.

Seriously Jeff? You actually believe that these people, who've sustained successful drum corps for decades, don't see that option??

I've been open to your opinions up until now.

Have you?

all 60 pages?

no