The G7 Video

Surprised no one answered this yet. After the corps from the G7 he says "Hey Siete" and after all the other corps he just says "Presente."

If I can remember anything from my two semesters of high school Spanish, I think "hey" is how you pronounce the letter "G," and "siete" is obviously "seven." "Presente" just means "present," so I'm not sure what it means in the context of the video.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"abra-ka-######" :tongue::tongue:

Great video and go Bones!

If I can remember anything from my two semesters of high school Spanish, I think "hey" is how you pronounce the letter "G," and "siete" is obviously "seven." "Presente" just means "present," so I'm not sure what it means in the context of the video.

"presente" is also a conjugated form of "presentar" ("to present")... first person preterite, first/third person present subjunctive, and third person imperative

"presente" is also a conjugated form of "presentar" ("to present")... first person preterite, first/third person present subjunctive, and third person imperative

Thanks Pablo.

That may be so, but I think the perceived idea that another "lesser" corps would take a stab in this manner is part of the bigger issue. I think Aaron is great, but if my designer did that, he would be off the staff. there is no room for this in a student activity and what are they telling the kids in Crossmen? It's ok to make fun of people if you don't like what they do or who they are? Is that what we were all taught when we marched? No way, c'mon...

I think the best thing all the non G7 corps can do is go about their own business and do their best to unseat members of the G7 on the competitive field. My parents always taught me that if you don't have something good to say, don't say it. I like the Crossmen, but for me, this is a reason why I would consider not supporting them. I am using the same logic as many of you for the G7.

Any corps that would allow their staff to put something out like this is not somewhere I would want my kid learning about life and music. The Crossmen are way better than stooping to this and if it is solely Aaron and his opinion, than so be it. Unfortunately, it is now viewed as the organization and that is a nightmare if you run a business.. It may seem harsh, but someone has to act grown-up and I had hoped it would be the "other" corps.

Having met Aaron in person, I couldn't disagree with you more. Fun is fun and I think even the G7 folk, the ones with a sense of humor anyway, would get a chuckle out of this. Drum corps takes itself too seriously sometimes, that's why it's in the current disarray it is right now.

After watching the video, I'm changing my tune a little.

Simply put, you are the man!

I will be visiting the Xmen booth at Allentown and spending my souvie money there. Great video Aaron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!