Fan Network and Show Attendance for this year.

Already have tix for Riverside, Phoenix, Broken Arrow, Dallas x2, SanAntonio x2, Denton, Akron, Pittsburgh and world champs. I can honestly say that other then the phoenix show, the reason i bought these tix was because these shows have many of the G7 if not all the G7 participating. The Phoenix show, is cuz it will be my first fix of corps for the season and to support the local corps Academy. And, im gonna renew fan network as soon as tour starts. And, I already bought the show shirt for the Cavaliers. What ever happens, happens. But i'm not gonna let anything ruin my favorite time of the year. Some of you might regret it too, you may want to rethink your decisions.

Edited by GREENBLUE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the people in charge realize that when this got out it had the potential to deter sales of their products and events?

I think this could not only hurt the top corps, it could hurt DCI and the rest of the junior activity. That's the scary thing.

Here's what I imagine:

I have to re-up my Friends membership by December 1st. ($2500 plus extra tickets for the '11 season.

On January 1st (or abouts) G7 passes and we get super-duper marching bands in '11.

I DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT KIND OF MONEY TO SEE MARCHING BANDS!

So, blindly support and take my chances, or don't re-up and risk losing my position on the Friends totem pole.

I wonder how many other big contributors feel the same?

Here's what I imagine:

I have to re-up my Friends membership by December 1st. ($2500 plus extra tickets for the '11 season.

On January 1st (or abouts) G7 passes and we get super-duper marching bands in '11.

I DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT KIND OF MONEY TO SEE MARCHING BANDS!

So, blindly support and take my chances, or don't re-up and risk losing my position on the Friends totem pole.

I wonder how many other big contributors feel the same?

Youve been paying to see marching bands all along...lol....you just refuse to be called that.... :thumbup:

Youve been paying to see marching bands all along...lol....you just refuse to be called that.... :thumbup:

and that attitude is why many fans left

i already paid for the Fn and shows I am going to, so i was not backing out now.

Plus, I want to be there in Indy since it could be the last finals as we knew it

I actually agree with you.

I am planning more shows than I usually would go to. I think that this is the last year for DCI as we have known it and I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

I am still working on my plans for LADC (life after drum corps). The withdrawal symptoms are going to be very hard on me.

DCI

1972 - 2010

RIP

Thanks for the memories.....

I wonder how many PRE DCI people..The ones who got faded out wayyyyy back in the day ( Hundreds of corps )are jumping up and down now? Im very sure many. I personally know of many that are ecstatic over this ( Not that they want the show concept of the G7 )

I wonder how many PRE DCI people..The ones who got faded out wayyyyy back in the day ( Hundreds of corps )are jumping up and down now? Im very sure many. I personally know of many that are ecstatic over this ( Not that they want the show concept of the G7 )

I don't know. I could see more longtime Scouts fans and alumni seeing vindication of Scott Stewart's views and applauding this fight and thinking, "Told ya so," than other fans, but are a lot of the military-drill-era proponents still even paying attention to DCI and its internal struggles? I'm sure a few are, but a lot? I have my doubts. Many of the folks I have in mind abandoned DCI 30+ years ago.

I don't know. I could see more longtime Scouts fans and alumni seeing vindication of Scott Stewart's views and applauding this fight and thinking, "Told ya so," than other fans, but are a lot of the military-drill-era proponents still even paying attention to DCI and its internal struggles? I'm sure a few are, but a lot? I have my doubts. Many of the folks I have in mind abandoned DCI 30+ years ago.

You could be right and DCI survived didnt it..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thumbup:

It's not enough to just not buy souvies. If you are going to go that route, I urge you to go up to the corps' souvie wagon and explain to the volunteers there that you are unable to help support their kids this year due to the decisions of their leadership. If they have people telling them this at every show, word will get to the corps leadership.

What ever happens, happens. But i'm not gonna let anything ruin my favorite time of the year. Some of you might regret it too, you may want to rethink your decisions.

you might regret it if you don't take the steps that are personally available to you to affect positive change for drum corps as we know it.

you are obviously a Cavaliers supporter... maybe you can write their leadership an email asking why they signed their name on the proposal and ask them how it is beneficial to the activity.

Edited by soccerguy315