Fan Network and Show Attendance for this year.

I bought 12 VIP Tickets to the Akron show (July 9), precisely because 4 of the "G7" corps are there, and it will be the first or second drum corps experience of the people in my group. I went to the dci.org website, and used the feature "find the 5 nearest shows" to my zip code, and counted the number of top corps at the shows...Akron came out on top. (Includes BAC: New elite? and Madison: Old elite,and maybe new again? WIN-WIN!)

But that was before the term "G7" was a "thing."

I just want to see a lot of excellence for my money.

So shoot me.

Sheesh.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new proposal won't affect my habits at all. I'll enjoy drum corps until I don't, and that's how I'd characterize any of my other interests. While I'm skeptical of some of the directions of the G7 proposal, I don't see any reason that this proposal will directly impact my enjoyment of drum corps.

I'll attend a few shows in the OK area, I'll go to semis and finals, and I'll probably renew my fan network subscription. I typically don't purchase corps merchandise, so that will remain unaffected.

Same here...if people really dont agree with whats happening ( and people have every right to spend as they see fit ) DONT GO. if you have tickets, SELL THEM , someone will buy them. If you really dont want to support then dont. Im not buying the whole ( Well i have my tickets otherwise I wont go. ) yeah right !!!! :tongue:

Same here...if people really dont agree with whats happening ( and people have every right to spend as they see fit ) DONT GO. if you have tickets, SELL THEM , someone will buy them. If you really dont want to support then dont. Im not buying the whole ( Well i have my tickets otherwise I wont go. ) yeah right !!!! :tongue:

I would have to agree also. For me, stand up for what you believe all the way or sit down :tongue: Will be an interesting summer for sure. HMMMM maybe that was the plan all the time. HEHEHEHE

I bought 12 VIP Tickets to the Akron show (July 9), precisely because 4 of the "G7" corps are there, and it will be the first or second drum corps experience of the people in my group. I went to the dci.org website, and used the feature "find the 5 nearest shows" to my zip code, and counted the number of top corps at the shows...Akron came out on top. (Includes BAC: New elite? and Madison: Old elite,and maybe new again? WIN-WIN!)

But that was before the term "G7" was a "thing."

I just want to see a lot of excellence for my money.

So shoot me.

Sheesh.

Never, we like you on here...

Nothing wrong with wanting to see excellence, as long as that is not automatically equated with potential entertainment or whatever the term that floated around was...

I've watch some very entertaining corps who were not at the top of competition over the years.

i'm sure there is a large market for scalped drum corps tickets....

i'm sure there is a large market for scalped drum corps tickets....

You know, the one time when there *might* be a market for scalped tickets, ticket man and drum corps officianado Ron Gunn is reducing his touring schedule... due to the G7 proposal. Say it ain't so, Ron! Oh the irony!

In light of all the recent news coming out, I'm a little torn about what to do. I was going to renew my Fan Network subscription, but I'm not sure what to do now.

Also, I was going to try and attend more shows this year, but I'm not sure if I should.

Is DCI going to have problems THIS year if this G7 proposal doesn't go through?

I want to try and support the activity. I don't want it to die, but I'm more against many of these ideas and the way that they've been proposed.

What's your opinion?

To be honest, for me it's all about the entertainment value. I've been a Fan Network subscriber since the first year, and I keep coming back because the shows are entertaining enough to justify the expenditure. My wife and I watch the live streams through out the season, and we typically invite friends over and make Saturdays drum corps party day. I don't necessarily do it with the mindset of "supporting DCI" (though I don't mind doing that), I just think of it as "cheap" entertainment for the summer (literally the price of the $60 package that includes all the live streams costs LESS than it would cost for admission to two summer movies for the three of us in Southern California). If you're still a fan of the activity and are entertained enough by the product on the field, then I say go for the subscription and enjoy. It's easy to let politics invade our personal preferences and emotions, but don't let that get in the way if you actually like the shows on the field. Besides, until things are restructured for NEXT season (the way I read that proposal nothing will change for the 2010 season), the Fan Network revenue is split amongst ALL of the corps. If you're not a fan of the G7 thing support the activity now when everyone gets an equal piece of the pie.

you are obviously a Cavaliers supporter... maybe you can write their leadership an email asking why they signed their name on the proposal and ask them how it is beneficial to the activity.

Signed it and posted it on their website and then had the nerve to state in the DCW article that they weren't affiliated with it.

From drumcorpsworld.com:

While his corps was included in the presentation, The Cavaliers’ founder, Don Warren, told Drum Corps World that Director Adolph DeGrauwe has never given any word to the group that his corps is on-board with the concept.