Fan Network and Show Attendance for this year.

From what I've gathered here is that the G7 proposition exist because they feel the attendance is low at most of the shows...........hmmm. Rather than prove them wrong and going to more shows than usual, it feels like all the DCPers are going to support the G7 by not showing up to shows. I don't know about y'all but I love proving people wrong especially when I'm right. So prove the G7 wrong. Show them that ticket sales and show attendance are through the roof!!!! If you want DCI to survive, SUPPORT DCI!!!! Keep it alive don't take more stabs at it. Especially since next summer would be the first time I could be a spectator and not a competitor and I love having huge crowds going nuts for the hard work that me and my fellow corps mates and competitors put in day in and day out on tour. I don't know about many of the other members but I march to entertain the audience, and to get that rush that all of you have probably felt from having that AWESOME show. But that feeling doesn't happen without YOU!!! The fans. Support DCI and it won't turn into the G7.....just a thought.

I'm out to move ins. Hope the right decision by the fans is made. See you at a show

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on It always was marching band...so it was all brass. Ive been in this a very long time also and I used to laugh when people called us bands but ya know what we were and are.

and many fans feel very strongly against that idea. and being told they were fools to think it didnt keep them as happy paying customers

From what I've gathered here is that the G7 proposition exist because they feel the attendance is low at most of the shows...........hmmm. Rather than prove them wrong and going to more shows than usual, it feels like all the DCPers are going to support the G7 by not showing up to shows. I don't know about y'all but I love proving people wrong especially when I'm right. So prove the G7 wrong. Show them that ticket sales and show attendance are through the roof!!!! If you want DCI to survive, SUPPORT DCI!!!! Keep it alive don't take more stabs at it. Especially since next summer would be the first time I could be a spectator and not a competitor and I love having huge crowds going nuts for the hard work that me and my fellow corps mates and competitors put in day in and day out on tour. I don't know about many of the other members but I march to entertain the audience, and to get that rush that all of you have probably felt from having that AWESOME show. But that feeling doesn't happen without YOU!!! The fans. Support DCI and it won't turn into the G7.....just a thought.

I'm out to move ins. Hope the right decision by the fans is made. See you at a show

Pretty straightforward logic here. If you want DCI to survive, support DCI!

Frankly, I'm not letting this proposal, or any of the cynical people on here ruin my favorite time of year. I'm going to go to as many shows as I can. I am going to all three nights of finals again. I'm going to support the corps I like and also make a change for once and support an open class corps or a corps in the bottom of the ladder in addition to the G7 corps I support. I'm gonna scream, cheer, throw babies, and jump up and down and sprain my ankle again when I hear loud chords. I'm going to lose my voice like I did last year. I'm gonna bring my navy buddy with me to finals again. I'm gonna do whatever I can to enjoy as much of this activity as I can. Whatever many of you decide to do, have fun. I will be doing the same. :tongue:

Frankly, I'm not letting this proposal, or any of the cynical people on here ruin my favorite time of year. I'm going to go to as many shows as I can.

I've been thinking of a way to word my thoughts. So yeah. What he said.

Frankly, I'm not letting this proposal, or any of the cynical people on here ruin my favorite time of year. I'm going to go to as many shows as I can. I am going to all three nights of finals again. I'm going to support the corps I like and also make a change for once and support an open class corps or a corps in the bottom of the ladder in addition to the G7 corps I support. I'm gonna scream, cheer, throw babies, and jump up and down and sprain my ankle again when I hear loud chords. I'm going to lose my voice like I did last year. I'm gonna bring my navy buddy with me to finals again. I'm gonna do whatever I can to enjoy as much of this activity as I can. Whatever many of you decide to do, have fun. I will be doing the same. :tongue:

I got the $59 version of the Fan Network. I won't be buying anything from any corps and I won't be attending any shows.

I got the $59 version of the Fan Network. I won't be buying anything from any corps and I won't be attending any shows.

As I said before, have fun.

I'll buy the Fan Network again. I enjoy being able to connect with the activity that way.

I'll be going to as many shows as I can afford again. I enjoy connecting with the activity that way. (likely 3 Texas shows and possibly finals if I can swing it.)

I'm not letting the G7 situation impact my 2010 drum corps viewing enjoyment. I will be changing my souvie buying habits and vote with my dollars by making sure my souvies all come from non G7 corps. This won't change my habits by much, but there are 3 corps that won't get souvie money from me this year, unlike previous years.

I will not be renewing my Friends of DCI membership next year. I will not financially support any of the G7 corps. I already have purchased tickets to the shows I will be attending so I will go to those.

I WILL be attending my first DCA show in 20 years.

This new proposal won't affect my habits at all. I'll enjoy drum corps until I don't, and that's how I'd characterize any of my other interests. While I'm skeptical of some of the directions of the G7 proposal, I don't see any reason that this proposal will directly impact my enjoyment of drum corps.

I'll attend a few shows in the OK area, I'll go to semis and finals, and I'll probably renew my fan network subscription. I typically don't purchase corps merchandise, so that will remain unaffected.