What the DCI BOD/ WC corps has already done regarding G7 proposal

My information? Oh, from someone who was loading a Penske.

Penske? as in a moving fan? Any word from your source when they will announce something?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penske? as in a moving fan? Any word from your source when they will announce something?

Moving on down the road.....

The other two were Academy and Pac Crest, I believe. . . . someone please correct me if this is erroneous.

I wish I had confirmation without having to go directly to Mark. But, I might as well...if true, they have lost my financial support.

It doesn't make sense to me to vote for the G7 unless you are....wait for it...one of the seven.

If Academy and Pac. Crest did vote for the G7 proposal, I would need justification as to why this decision is in the best interests in their organization.

I will return with...at least a confirmation.

Tom Brace

I'm reading between the lines, but the article appears to give some pretty good hints. If one had to guess, I'd say it went down as follows.

I can help with this a bit. On the weekend conference call, the old board got recalled (not fired) and it was done by recalling all 3 at-large, non-affiliated members and 2 corps director members who were affiliated with the G7. Subsequently, two other G7 corps directors resigned.

The new board now consists of 4 corps (director) members and 2 at-large unaffiliated members. The open director spots should be filled shortly, but the open at-large seat will probably remain open until January's annual meeting. And Dan A. is an ex-officio, (non-voting) board member.

FWIW, new board met today, and we'll likely be hearing from them pretty quickly.

Mike

I wish I had confirmation without having to go directly to Mark. But, I might as well...if true, they have lost my financial support.

It doesn't make sense to me to vote for the G7 unless you are....wait for it...one of the seven.

If Academy and Pac. Crest did vote for the G7 proposal, I would need justification as to why this decision is in the best interests in their organization.

I will return with...at least a confirmation.

Tom Brace

No confirmation needed. They did, they were blackmailed, If they wanted BD and SCV to appear at their shows, they had to side with them. Many of us have known this for days.

G

No confirmation needed. They did, they were blackmailed, If they wanted BD and SCV to appear at their shows, they had to side with them. Many of us have known this for days.

G

Well they did in fact get dooped.. the proposal has the closest G7 show in Texas.. How they plan to take all 7 corps to the West coast is beyond me. The amount of money to do that would offset anything they hope to make from the G7 shows..

I can help with this a bit. On the weekend conference call, the old board got recalled (not fired) and it was done by recalling all 3 at-large, non-affiliated members and 2 corps director members who were affiliated with the G7. Subsequently, two other G7 corps directors resigned.

The new board now consists of 4 corps (director) members and 2 at-large unaffiliated members. The open director spots should be filled shortly, but the open at-large seat will probably remain open until January's annual meeting. And Dan A. is an ex-officio, (non-voting) board member.

FWIW, new board met today, and we'll likely be hearing from them pretty quickly.

Mike

so I read this a couple of times and it is still not computing for me...

You say the current make up is of;

4 member corps

+ 2 at-large unaffiliated members.

So that leaves two corp member slots open which you say will be filled shortly.

What is the make up of the G7 corps? You say 2 g7 members where "recalled" and subsequently two other G7 corps directors resigned.

So If i got this right, then the G7 have no representation on the BOD?

Thanks,

Edited by Glenn426

so I read this a couple of times and it is still not computing for me...

You say the current make up is of;

4 member corps

+ 2 at-large unaffiliated members.

So that leaves two corp member slots open which you say will be filled shortly.

What is the make up of the G7 corps? You say 2 g7 members where "recalled" and subsequently two other G7 corps directors resigned.

So If i got this right, then the G7 have no representation on the BOD?

Thanks,

That is correct - 2 of the G7 directors were among the 5 directors that were recalled.

Then, later, in a show of G7 solidarity, the remaining 2 G7 directors resigned from the Board.

The math - start with 9. Recall 5. Elect 4 (on an interim basis). 2 more resign.

Currently sitting at 6.

actually, it was 21 because I dont believe Surf and Teal have full voting status yet

That 12-9 vote was to restructure the BOD. 9 against changing the board. of those 9, 7 are believed to be the G7 corps. With the other 2 being Who knows.... And one corps who Fell asleep (did not vote)

Anyone happen to know *who* currently is on the board?