Isn't it Orwoll, not Orwell?

"Orwell" gives this whole thing a different meaning. :guinesssmilie:

Fran

The G-7 scheme is " Orwellian ", imo.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I am glad Greg is still seated on the BOD. I trust that man.

2) Why would the remaining G7 corps directors resign if it meant giving up power on BOD? Isn't that the opposite of a power-play?

Maybe they decided that "change from within" is no longer possible. If nothing else, it's a display of solidarity at the very least. That, in and of itself, strikes me as very odd. Did they resign in protest...perhaps from a feeling that the recall vote was retribution? In other words, were they outraged at the outrage ("how dare you question our motives!")??

Regardless, it DOES seem counter-productive...curiously so. That is, unless there's another shoe yet to drop. Are they leaving.

Maybe they decided that "change from within" is no longer possible. If nothing else, it's a display of solidarity at the very least. That, in and of itself, strikes me as very odd. Did they resign in protest...perhaps from a feeling that the recall vote was retribution? In other words, were they outraged at the outrage ("how dare you question our motives!")??

Regardless, it DOES seem counter-productive...curiously so. That is, unless there's another shoe yet to drop. Are they leaving.

The word on the street from the past two-three years was that George wanted to leave DCI to form a for-profit band circuit based around the current top 6 corps.

After the G7, one would assume he is orchestrating the whole situation slowly.

I'll give him one thing, Donald Trump doesn't have #### on George Hopkins as far as masterminding plots. I think George even one uped Dr. Evil. (The Ozone Layer is next)

I love watching developing drum corps... But the payoff is always watching SCV, BD, Phantom, Cadets etc...

Once the G-7 leave the activity... No one but your parents will come to watch... Someone should have listened to us old coots a long time ago and worried about entertaining the fans, so that people will buy tickets and drum corps will continue to live... See Y'all in DCA!!!!

I love watching developing drum corps... But the payoff is always watching SCV, BD, Phantom, Cadets etc...

Once the G-7 leave the activity... No one but your parents will come to watch... Someone should have listened to us old coots a long time ago and worried about entertaining the fans, so that people will buy tickets and drum corps will continue to live... See Y'all in DCA!!!!

If the G7 leave, then half of the membership will return to DCI's remaining corps, open class will merge with world and become a regionalized system,and the G7 will be begging to return.

If the G7 leave, then half of the membership will return to DCI's remaining corps, open class will merge with world and become a regionalized system,and the G7 will be begging to return.

EXACTLY.

Really? That is a rather harsh slam (like telling someone it was only a performance that a mom could love). So, no one but parents will support the....

Madison Scouts

Troopers

Blue Stars

Spirit

Boston Crusaders

Colts

Crossmen

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Academy

Teal Sound

Jersey Surf

Pioneer

Cascades

Mandarins

Pacific Crest

Velvet Knights

Spartans

Revolution

Impulse

Incognito

7th Regiment

Gold

Forte

Genesis

Blue Saints

City Sound

Legends

Les Stentors

Music City

Oregon Crusaders

Platinum

Racine Scouts

Raiders

Spirit of Newark/New Jersey

Spokane Thunder

I guess that in you opinion they all just flat suck compared to the glorious G7, so why bother to go watch tham because only loving parents are interested in their less that stellar performances!

I'm totally on board with the the belief that if the G7 bolt...their players will soon (perhaps after one not so successful season) bolt right on back to good ol' DCI. They'll improve Madison and BAC...Crossmen and Glassmen...and even two of my favorite horn lines: BK and Colts -

DCI will be poorer for their leaving...but stronger for the removal of the discontented element -

So George is Dr. Evil? Perhaps he'll keep the G7 in DCI...IF...and only IF....Drum Corps pays him:

One Hundred Thousand Dollars!

(Mwahahahahahahahahaha)

i refuse to believe until I see he has sharks with frickin laser beams