Drums! (2010 Edition)

Yea, I've been in contact with them before about trying to get a drum before. As for Yamaha's, I've heard rumors that Yamaha will get the sets back and sell the drums individually? Anyone know if this is true or not? I would be interested in a Yamaha from a corps line so much quicker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I've been in contact with them before about trying to get a drum before. As for Yamaha's, I've heard rumors that Yamaha will get the sets back and sell the drums individually? Anyone know if this is true or not? I would be interested in a Yamaha from a corps line so much quicker

percussionquestions@yamaha.com - That's where you start to get a list of DCI drums Yamaha has for sale. I bought a custom Maple SFZ from them last year. Simply the best sounding marching snare I've ever played.

Edited by SFZFAN

I would buy a custom maple drum myself if I had the money, but on the good chance a used drum from one of the corps would be cheaper, I'll be trying that out next year. It'd be nice to have a Pearl and a Yamaha.

I would buy a custom maple drum myself if I had the money, but on the good chance a used drum from one of the corps would be cheaper, I'll be trying that out next year. It'd be nice to have a Pearl and a Yamaha.

My drum is a DCI Corps drum but it came new in the box. See, they make extras every year in case of breakage, loss, etc. They sell used and new drums when the corps are done with them. They have a few unplayed drums right now. I think Maybe Bluecoats and Cadets. Since mine was new I payed just under $600 including shipping. Not bad for a custom Maple SFZ, Beautiful lacquer finish, and chrome hardware.

Sweet. I'll probably be trying to get either one of Cadets or Crown's drums from 09 then

crown

30262_459076919045_25264754045_6166747_6069219_n.jpg

Underwhelmed. I was really thinking brass hardware. Well, at least they will match the uniforms.

Very nice - love the dark finish. (Though I agree - gold hardware would have been awesome.)

Mike

Exactly.

I've seen a pic of a drum with like a gold chrome hardware. That would've looked sweet. But these are sweet looking too. Simple too