Drums! (2010 Edition)

and 92 we got a new set of Ludwigs that were a walnut color very similar to these.

THAT'S the drums I remember! I think the tenors were cut different than standard Ludwigs as well... more concert tom-ish(?).

'92.... good times.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, Yamaha doesn't offer brass/gold hardware on their kits, even for a premium so I don't think it would be an option. A 3rd party would be able to do it.

IIRC, Yamaha doesn't offer brass/gold hardware on their kits, even for a premium so I don't think it would be an option. A 3rd party would be able to do it.

The '04/'05 drums Cavies used had smokey chrome hardware that Yamaha used as a prototype for coloring the chrome. We've not seen that since so perhaps the cost was determined to be prohibitive or the "wear and tear" results weren't favorable for outdoor use.

Edited by Hulka

I took the liberty to photoshop the hardware a brass/gold colour.

30262459076919045252647.jpg

Now that would look awesome with the gold colored horns.

Excellent job! :satisfied:

Teal Sound's drums (via snarescience.com's awesome drum forum) -

http://www.snarescience.com/forums/viewtop...=160289#p160289

Very nice, I think.

Regiment's drums in daylight -

31804_400317623667_26900688667_4363940_8033003_n.jpg

Not so nice - we'll have to see them in action.

Mike

I like Teal's...but I really hate it when the bass drums' fade is one sided like that.

I think I'll ultimately like Phantom's....but I have to say the black parts on those new harnesses look just awful.

Nice fade on Teal's drums, but they must have rushed the clear coat job. That looks 100% unacceptable to me. There is so much "orange peel" and too many inconsistencies for me. I have seen amateur drum builders clear coat a drum better than that.

That pic of Phantom looks straight-up 1988. I havn't seen them for a couple of years, when did they start looking so unfinished/unpolished? Not just the drums...the uniform too...weird. Not what I'm used to seeing from them. Maybe it's just the pic.