Drums! (2010 Edition)

I scanned back through the thread. I didn't see anything about Crown's drums? Wonder if they'll go with gold hardware to complement the horns?

Heard back in april something about a bronze finish. Didn't hear about the hardware but your speculation above makes sense to me.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they dont use the same ones...I dont think green drums would go with the show. lol. Really looking forward to crowns drum color this year!
I scanned back through the thread. I didn't see anything about Crown's drums? Wonder if they'll go with gold hardware to complement the horns?

Green drums with gold hardware?

:shutup:

Bye the way - This is the Madison Scouts 30 yr anniversary with Yamaha.

25 years. 1985. First full Yamaha line. Stunning at first sight.

Sorry,

I love...LOVE...Phantom, but that drumline better tighten up. They look like a HS line with their drums all in different angles...tenors in an upward tilt.

....go the extra mile and LOOK THE BLOODY PART!!!!!!

Phantom Phan

on the field, the drums arent gonna look like they have different angles. (assuming you were looking at the parade pics) and all that will matter then are the beats.

im just sayin..

25 years. 1985. First full Yamaha line. Stunning at first sight.

I stand corrected (pretty dumb of me - brain fart). Still - they made a bit of a deal on the 20th Ann. Even had special decals on the snares and sound projectors in 2005.

Edited by SFZFAN

when phantom switched to dynasty, they were able to tune them like they did when they played pearl and they sounded good when standing in front of them.

but when they got on the field, the projection just disappeared, especially from the quads. even when they are completely exposed it's very difficult to hear them. this was never a problem when they played pearl.

I agree with this. When I saw Phantom warming-up the first year they switched to Dynasty, I thought there was a noticeable sound difference (though not was blatant as other Dynasty lines). I do think their approach was different, and the members had to exert more energy to get the same quality of sound as when they played Pearl (i.e. they were having to play harder to match the volume/sound quality they had playing w/less energy on Pearls). I think that Phantom has tuned their drums better than any other Dynasty lines that I've heard, but it was still a step back sound quality-wise.

other than the price i really don't see any reason why anyone likes Die-nasty drums

32475_397988956588_759161588_4469213_466109_n.jpg

From Spirit's facebook page. The inside of those tenor shells appear to be black....indicating they are Carbonplys.

SO:

Spirit:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...1_6217481_n.jpg

SCV:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...0_7880176_n.jpg

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky