G7 Corps Members

I think these directors jumped the gun in believing that their organizations will always have 150 talented indviduals.

This is the exact reason I find the whole G7 thing silly. These 7 corps are *currently* at the top of the activity and have been for the last few years. But obviously this hasn't always been the case. Let's go back a few years to say 1978. :tongue: SCV, Phantom, BD, 1, 2, 3. So far so good. 4th place Madison Scouts. Woops. What's that Cavaliers and Cadets not in the top 12 that year? Bluecoats were in 28th place? What about Carolina Crown? :tongue:

Obviously this a silly comparison, but the point remains - in an activity where corps existence and placement is very volatile, why on earth would you organize the structure of the activity around corps placement over a 5 year period (or however long Coats and Crown have been in the top 7 crowd)?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the members signed up to march a season with a specific drum corps, dedicating thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of demanding physical work in an effort to drive the goals and vision of their leadership.

Anyone who boos the kids on the field because of this is both a jackass and an idiot.

This is the exact reason I find the whole G7 thing silly. These 7 corps are *currently* at the top of the activity and have been for the last few years.

If "25 to 35 years" qualify as "a few years"... :tongue:

This proposal is disappointing to say the least. It seems like these 7 corps directors have inflated their egos to the point where they whole-heatedly believe they are, "the show." [begin sarcasm] Obviously they are at the top because they work harder and are naturally superior to all the other corps, if the other corps wanted to win they would. Because of this all audience members come to watch them, and them alone. All other corps are a nuisance, an intermission, a warm-up act to giggle at and say, "how cute!" Because of the G7's obvious overall and permanent superiority, DCI should give them more money, and all the power to make decisions. Of course they are the only ones who should have a say, because they are better than everyone else, and since audiences only care about them, it doesn't matter what is best for everyone. Competition, screw it. It's not like anyone could ever beat a G7 corps anyway, just give all the money, sponsorships, and interested members to the G7. what's best for the G7 is best for everyone, because the G7 is everyone. (everyone that matters anyway). [end sarcasm] How sad. I can't see how these directors could discount the quality education given at other corps, even corps that are currently classified as "world class." This is a power grab and nothing else, however these directors convinced themselves that this is best for everyone is a mystery to me.

I hope everything is straightened out before I start going to the many shows I'll be at this summer. Otherwise, my chiropractor bill would skyrocket due to me turning around every time I thought I heard my name.

So, to those who are thinking of booing every chance they get; if the thought of how that would affect the kids does nothing for you, at least consider how it might affect me. No one wants their named to be cheapened. Think of this Boo, folks!

For those who would still go to to a show in order to boo a corps; I wish to propose you be more specific with your vitriol so that you don't confuse me. Instead of yelling, "Boo," I suggest you yell, "I paid [insert ticket price] so I could let the people sitting around me that I'm an inconsiderate a-hole!"

LOLOL...you know when I see you I am going to Boo !!!

G

I, for one, plan on supporting the kids that march in these corps. It wasnt them that proposed this fodder, they shouldnt suffer. If they do something that causes me to stand, I will do so....I laready have plans to meet up with many of them this year and I have no intention of not supporting them.

Its those in charge that I have the problems/issues with. and, in reality, we know this proposal is a 66 page lame duck. Argue pro or con, that is the fact and it will work itself out where it shoud, in the boardroom, not on the field.......If only those in charge thought that way ionstead of using what is done on the field as leverage to make their proposals, all would work the way ot should, but I digress....

Good luck to ALL corps this season.

G

Awww, G.

That's the nicest thing I've ever heard you say (well.... type.) I'd share my Kool-Aid with you any day. (Except on hot days. It's so #### refreshing, I can't spare a drop. Considering we're going into summer now, we will have to save our Kool-Aid bro-date for the post season.)

:guinesssmilie:

LOLOL...you know when I see you I am going to Boo !!!

G

If you see me at the Allentown show in July, would you buy me a sno-cone? So many flavors, so little time (and so much tooth enamel).

Seriously, let's get together.

Edited by Michael Boo

If you see me at the Allentown show in July, would you buy me a sno-cone? So many flavors, so little time (and so many tooth enamel).

Seriously, let's get together.

sno cone? please Mike. funnell cake

sno cone? please Mike. funnell cake

Okay; GMichael can buy me a sno-cone and you can buy me a funnel cake.