BK and Scouts?

Amen.... I am waiting for somebody to do a show and title it "1982" and all of the music will have absolutely nothing to do with any other piece of music in the show.

I don't necessarily need a title or a theme, but I DO need each piece of music to have SOMETHING to do with the other pieces of music. That connection can be musical style, harmonics, tone color, whatever - that unexplainable sense that the songs "work together" - like the movements of a symphony. I want the entire performance to flow and make sense as an entire work - disjointed, disconnected pieces (even performed extremely well) do not do it for me versus a show that connects all the pieces (which often means some visual connectedness as well - even if that visual connection is not via a theme).

So drop the theme and title if you want, just give me a total performance and not a handful of disconnected parts.

You sure it wasn't, " Dark Europa"? :thumbup:

Lady's And Gentlemen Presenting Their 2010 Show......"Music, a bit of Marching, and some Really Cool Colorguard Stuff"

Fixed.

Well LMAO at all this silliness. Madison has never had to have a name for a show. They have always been the most recognized brand in the Drum Corps Planet. Known for great music not cute show titles. But for all you "fans" that cannot go back more than 5 years in Drum Corps history, then let them name their show simply what it going to be. " LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ON THE FIELD NOW TO PRESENT THEIR 2010 PROGRAM, 'THE WALL OF SOUND', FROM MADISON WISCONSIN, THE MAAAAADISON SCOUTS." There are you recent fans happy? God, just go to the show, and love them for who there are, a non G7 real ### drum and bugle corps! :thumbup:

too often any more the "theme" or title is hard to grasp when you see the product on the field.

The theme of Madison's show is clear to me. It's a throwback to the corps' glory days of the 1970's and 80's, on the field in 2010. Kind of a mix of the past and present. Throwback uniforms, Slaughter on 10th Avenue and Rhapsody in Blue, the history and traditions of the corps IS the theme for this year. Who needs a title? It doesn't affect the music being played on the field, or the drill being marched.

The theme of Madison's show is clear to me. It's a throwback to the corps' glory days of the 1970's and 80's, on the field in 2010. Kind of a mix of the past and present. Throwback uniforms, Slaughter on 10th Avenue and Rhapsody in Blue, the history and traditions of the corps IS the theme for this year. Who needs a title? It doesn't affect the music being played on the field, or the drill being marched.

Well.. I know this show NEEDS no show title.......! I for one, am looking forward from the men of Madison to move me back a few rows in the

stands with this production !!!!! Go Madison !!!!

I've been finding more times than not over the years that groups put themes to shows, but then... that's it. I see some good marching, hear some good playing, color guard is all over the field... but how does it tie into the theme? Oh, that's what the first 30 seconds of the show was, that's right... and that thing they dragged out to the center of the field at the end...... gotcha! :thumbup:

It's gotten better though, especially in the US drum corps arena.... but still...