Absolute LOUDEST show of all time !

This is DCP. I take nothing for granted.

Oh well. >_> I'll stick to verbal one liners. I clearly fail at forum humor. I guess that means life is meaningless then. <_<

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most of the people on this site weren't even born yet, you just will never understand.

You have never really experienced a face peeling since you never saw Muchachos of 74 and Madison of 75. Musical..... no. Loud. No question. I have seen and heard pretty much every corps since then because I have been to every DCI except Whitewater and Miami. Some say Kingsmen were the loudest but I never saw them so I cannot judge.

This is another one where I get in trouble. I know everyone on the field was blowing his ### off, but I think that was a lot more about raucous than volume.

The mellophones made my face hurt, and not in a good way.

No I will not fight the thousands of you who want to rip my arms off and beat me with them for defiling the name of one of the all-time most popular horn-lines.

Just not my kind of sound.

I wouldn't rip your arms off....but a question - did you hear them live that year or just on the Finals recording?

Because that recording didn't do them (or any other Corps) justice...it was mixed very poorly and all you hear

is the top end. I saw them live many times that summer and felt they had a powerful, but well blended sound.

And the judges agreed because they tied for high brass with Cadets and Blue Devils.

MADISON SCOUTS, 1975 . Close thread

Sorry, it was closed after the first '80 Spirit post. :smile:

Without a doubt....1980 SPIRIT OF ATLANTA !!!! :smile::smile:

JIM OTT AND G BUGLES !!!! :smile::smile:

THE TRUTH. Some things in life transcend subjectification or opinion. For instance Death. We die. No opinion can get around that. Same with 1980 Spirit of Atlanta (or 1979 for that Matter). The loudest corps EVAH! No one comes close before or since! Sorry. Just the way it is. :doh:

The only reason why I disagree with the Spirit choice; I agree, they were pretty loud.... for one maybe two times during the show. And I agree, the first impact was probably the loudest ever. But, for multiple loudness moments (i.e "show" per the OP's post), nothing touches Muchachos 74 and/or Madison 75.