New Unis

Glad they decided to stay away from the garrison caps. Very sharp looking cover, giant pain in the butt! I think it would've looked GREAT until they started moving and all of them fell off!

Minus the out of place looking belts, I'm liking Troop's uniforms.

Sleeker and meaner. The belts look dirty, I'm sure they'll adjust or toss them as the season goes on. Interested to see how that yellow stripe goes into to showing off [or shooting down] the marching tech.

weird pants.

i don't understand the uniform.

I think they all have their pants on backwards :tongue:

I don't see the white leggings (spats) yet
Where are the spats?
According to Facebook, they're having trouble finding lace-ups . . .so that's on hold for now.
Evidently they still don't have a good source for the type they want. Too bad cause I really wanted to see that!

I hope they find a good source! I want spats!

Sleeker and meaner. The belts look dirty, I'm sure they'll adjust or toss them as the season goes on. Interested to see how that yellow stripe goes into to showing off [or shooting down] the marching tech.

I like them a lot. I don't mind the stripe, but I agree that there has to be a better way to incorporate the Troopers belt.

I'm sorry, but I do not like the Troopers uniform even a little bit. A huge step backward in my opinion.sad0142.gif

I agree...it frankly looks like it came off-the-rack from a stock uniform and had the accesories put on. Not iconic at all...and not befitting the corps. I would rather have the jumpsuits of the last three years.

Aaahhhh, very cool! :tongue:

In the one pic I saw of the corps on the field you do not notice the short sleeves at all. THIS is the look for Madison!!!! Very clean from top (not sure how the spats will work with modern visual, though..) yet identifiable...and even iconic.

It is difficult to get iconic with the organic move in uniforming these days. The need to maximize both physical movement and visual impact in a competitive arena always draws toward uniformity-due-to-necessity. Just take a look at the Sprint Cup cars, for example...the only way to make them aerodynamically equal is to make them exactly alike...and use decals for identification! Same thing is happening here in DC.

Call me a dinosaur, but I don't care for the trend... :tongue:

Edited by prodigal bari

Re: Troopers Uni

Is this the first year in the history of the Troopers that they aren't wearing a scarf?

I think the baldric forms an X on the back of the uniform. Would like to see a photo from behind. I too think the baldric needs to be fastened somehow for uniformity, but I happen to be one who likes a little detail rather than the jumpsuit look. Maybe some military chevrons on the sleeves??

I agree about the yellow stripe on the pants. I think they'd look a bit better with just the subtle black stripe that is currently there.

Sidenote: One thing that has always irked me about the Troopers appearance has been when you see 128 (err...or is that 135 or whatever) members and they all seem to shape their hats a bit differently or wear them at slightly different angles. Would love to see more uniformity there.

Blue Stars from the Tribune Article

4c1d325114e17.image.jpg