New Unis

Exactly! Bring the gray pants (and the scarf :ph34r:) back and bring the belt back down to the waist. That's all it would take. A modernized version of their classic uni. Scouts did it, why not F-Troop?

And I think you have me mixed up with someone else, Granny. I like the Scouts uni. I'd like it better if they got rid of the gauntlets with the short sleeves or just stuck with the long sleeves, but I still like it. Or was that the general "you"?

I agree with you on the Scouts. I'm still not sure about Troop's uniform. (Its a BELT, not a baldric. :blink: Doesn't look military - just sloppy) Bring back the light blue pants and white cloves/gauntlets.

BTW Spirit, that uniform is "Forgetting an Icon" :tongue:

Crown...WTF, seriously, WTF? :tongue:

Just spent a few minutes looking through Google Images, and honestly, the Troop don't have a lot of wiggle room if they're aiming for an "authentic" look - there just wasn't much variation in army cavalry uniforms back then.

So once you break away from that, the sandbox opens up. So I can see why they're doing what they do. That said, it's still a DCI uniform and has to serve that purpose as well. And that's where it's a little more problematic.

I think the easiest solution is that the belts need to go. They're floppy (bad news with today's whiplash drill) and they don't sit the same on each member (bad news when evaluating from a distance).

I think what might be another easy solution would be a yellow cummerbund and drop sash tucked under the jacket. It would slightly break up the all-dark figure and make it a little more "standing out" for drill purposes.

Finally, if you want to make a statement, why not go with white gloves / heavy gauntlets, for that real "cavalry" look? That'd make them pop from a distance. :tongue:

I wish I could draw - I'd sketch out what I had in mind.

Mike

The one thing I do like about the new Troopers uniforms is that they tried to keep the guard costumes close to the corps uniforms. From the stands that's going to look great.

Seeing Spirit's unis in action, the only thing that gets me is the blue panel is a little too big - all of the rest of the nifty geometric patterns get lost when horns are up. (That may be by design, though!)

Otherwise, I think they're pretty cool, and let's face it, while it's not "vintage" Spirit, it's definitely unique - who else has something like theirs?

Mike

I think the easiest solution is that the belts need to go. They're floppy (bad news with today's whiplash drill) and they don't sit the same on each member (bad news when evaluating from a distance).

Here is an image without the belt and I think it is way worse without it.

Just two words for you:

BOR-ING!

uniform3.jpg

Edited by Granny Smith

That's an improvement, I think. But like I said, I'd put a hint of color across the middle to 1 - break up the jumpsuit-ey look and 2 - tie the two yellow stripes together. (Or the pant stripe s/b on the other side. See Devils, Blue for a perfect example.)

Mike

2010_Troopers_Concept_2_by_Becorps.jpg

I really like the left one, the right one isnt too bad either.

Sometimes I just wish they held a vote for new unis.

Here is an image without the belt and I think it is way worse without it.

Just two words for you:

BOR-ING!

uniform3.jpg

Actually, I like Mike's idea...

... I think the easiest solution is that the belts need to go. They're floppy (bad news with today's whiplash drill) and they don't sit the same on each member (bad news when evaluating from a distance).

I think what might be another easy solution would be a yellow cummerbund and drop sash tucked under the jacket. It would slightly break up the all-dark figure and make it a little more "standing out" for drill purposes...

However, instead of getting rid of the belt, I'd move it to the waist (how they used to wear it) and over the cummerbund.

That's an improvement, I think. But like I said, I'd put a hint of color across the middle to 1 - break up the jumpsuit-ey look and 2 - tie the two yellow stripes together. (Or the pant stripe s/b on the other side. See Devils, Blue for a perfect example.)

Mike

I actually like the guard uniforms better than the corps uniforms. I like the darker yellow and bit bolder stripe on the leg and top. I also like the color blue of the guard pants better as it has more 'pop' and better contrast with the black.

I also agree that the white gauntlets and gloves would help.

Anyhow...it's just not doing it for me. But...what's an old lady's opinion worth anyhow. Not much I can assure you.