BD Mediabox

Has anyone been able to get the 2010 download to work in iTunes? I've tried the three computers in my house, none of them seem to want to play it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to get the 2010 download to work in iTunes? I've tried the three computers in my house, none of them seem to want to play it.

Nope. I used VLC.

Distribution issues aside, I have to say I'm disappointed in the recording itself.

*sigh*

Another corps doing their own thing, making my Fan Network subscription worth less and less.

:smile:

I'll keep the Fan network until at some point when every corps does whatever the hell they want to, and then i'll go back to youtube like the old days

Just heard the first 7:30 minutes of "Through a Glass Darkly" on BD Media Box......Get yourself some throw away shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how Downey finds time to control the universe and still write this stuff! Well Wayne, you and Scott have raised an unraisable bar!!!

This is going to be insane this summer! Rock the house....DCI! :smile:

Wow crazy, I can't think of any show music I've disliked more...

How the heck are you supposed to find any kind of emotional attachment to any of that???

*sigh*

Another corps doing their own thing, making my Fan Network subscription worth less and less.

:smile:

Personally, I don't care that BD and Cadets have their own media centers as they are my two least favorite corps, but I do agree with your sentiment.

Most of the stuff on MediaBox (Member Cams, BlueView, ScoJo's Licks, historical) was on the Fan Network. I believe Jeff DeMello spent hours uploading all of that to the FN but now it is completely gone. BD has no "Off the Field" videos on the FN. It is worth noting that Crown, Phantom, Bluecoats, and Cavs are still uploading to the FN.

The download-not-working issue has been resolved. If you purchased an audio or video track from the BD Mediabox earlier today, you may have had difficulty downloading and/or playing it on your computer. We have fixed the issue so all downloads should be working properly now.

Please log back into your account and go to the downloads screen to re-download your purchases.

https://bluedevils.org/mediabox/index.php?module=downloads

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support of The Blue Devils.

Wow crazy, I can't think of any show music I've disliked more...

How the heck are you supposed to find any kind of emotional attachment to any of that???

I'm afraid I agree :(... first clip is good, but the rest...

I'd guess you'd have to be Borg. Efficiency and skill is amazing, resistance is futile.

I'm afraid I agree :(... first clip is good, but the rest...

I'd guess you'd have to be Borg. Efficiency and skill is amazing, resistance is futile.

Personally, I think the musical book could be one of Wayne's finest in a number of years and I think it has all the necessities to be one of the all-time BD favorites. For me, the basic emotional aspect of a show is nice, but it is perhaps one of the easiest to grasp and most shallow in terms of depth. Not that emotion is shallow, but in terms of the average fan relating to it, yes.

BD has also rarely been the type of hornline that give you a Phantom or Crown moment, but in their own right, they do what they do best. I think when it's all said and done, you may find some deep emotion in the show that is not present at the surface upon one or two listenings. If you take some time to study up on Stan Kenton and begin to learn about the depth of his music and the way he always pushed the envelope with his eclectic group of ensembles and instrumentation, its very deep musically and spiritually.

While we all love a long, loud Concert Eb chord in root positon, try listening a little deeper and give the show a chance as the season progresses. It's likely already changed a ton since this recording and I think when it's said and done, is going to be an epic brass line and program for the Blue Devils in 2010!

PS. Plus the visual aspect will certainly enhance and drive some of the musical presentation, per usual for BD. :satisfied:

My .02 cents... :blink:

Edited by trumpetcam

Personally, I think the musical book could be one of Wayne's finest in a number of years and I think it has all the necessities to be one of the all-time BD favorites. For me, the basic emotional aspect of a show is nice, but it is perhaps one of the easiest to grasp and most shallow in terms of depth. Not that emotion is shallow, but in terms of the average fan relating to it, yes.

BD has also rarely been the type of hornline that give you a Phantom or Crown moment, but in their own right, they do what they do best. I think when it's all said and done, you may find some deep emotion in the show that is not present at the surface upon one or two listenings. If you take some time to study up on Stan Kenton and begin to learn about the depth of his music and the way he always pushed the envelope with his eclectic group of ensembles and instrumentation, its very deep musically and spiritually.

While we all love a long, loud Concert Eb chord in root positon, try listening a little deeper and give the show a chance as the season progresses. It's likely already changed a ton since this recording and I think when it's said and done, is going to be an epic brass line and program for the Blue Devils in 2010!

PS. Plus the visual aspect will certainly enhance and drive some of the musical presentation, per usual for BD. :satisfied:

My .02 cents... :blink:

Agreed. At first I was like hm....... :blink: . But I do think once the total package comes together it will be quite cool. Time will tell. Good sounds and dexterity so far though. :)