Wildwood

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merged Wildwood threads together. Please check to see if there is already a thread made as there usually one created for discussion on the show day if not before. There is not usually a need for a "Any scores from XYZ show?" thread. Thanks

GO BUSH!!! First penalty of the season and it wasn't for trooping the stands! :devil: Very high scores for a first show, but you know, I wasn't there, so I really can't comment beyond that.

The 2010 DCA season is underway. Here's to a great drum corps season and to safe journeys for everyone. And, as it was previously stated, Happy Father's Day!

well, the corps with the highest score won

Merged Wildwood threads together. Please check to see if there is already a thread made as there usually one created for discussion on the show day if not before. There is not usually a need for a "Any scores from XYZ show?" thread. Thanks

I think they are comming to bridgebort next week. I look foward to seeing them.

Theses high scores could be the direct reflection of the perception that all of these corps are better than they were last year. As far as the placements go, no surprise there, but the Cabs did come out with an 75. I think the judges started Fusion Core high, and did not realize that all corps had improved from last year.

... of course, I could be completely wrong about this, but yeah.... 80 seems very high this early.

Theses high scores could be the direct reflection of the perception that all of these corps are better than they were last year. As far as the placements go, no surprise there, but the Cabs did come out with an 75. I think the judges started Fusion Core high, and did not realize that all corps had improved from last year.

... of course, I could be completely wrong about this, but yeah.... 80 seems very high this early.

Great news. I look forward to seeing these corps next week in "Da Port" Man, I am realy pumped for next week : )

well, the corps with the highest score won

Interesting observation Jeff! :devil:

You could be very right about the high numbers, but if the performance fits the descriptors and rubrics on the back of the sheets, is it the right thing to artificially hold numbers down to make things more interesting later in the season or to provide for 'growth'? You have to call it as yah perceive it and use the guidelines as the tool and method to express the truth as best as possible. It makes for nothing but trouble if you start fiddling and contriving to 'keep scores low' or 'push numbers up'. Match the performace to what happened.

So, if everyone did have a good night- then give them the good number. :devil:

It may mean there will be less room to gouge out the tenths at the end of the season, which could be a real challenge for these corps, which I think is a good thing- it'll push everyone in a good way to really get the most out of what they have.