Corps Numbers

Didn't Sun win brass with 35 horns once or twice? It was a long time ago, maybe the late 80's/ early 90's, but I know they did it at least once. Bush has won brass with smaller hornlines too in the same era, plus in 2006, although I think that year was one of there bigger lines.

You're right, 20 horns won't beat 60, but you can win brass with 40 to 50 horns if you have the talent. Personally, I like it when corps have 60 or more AND the talent. What a sound!

In my years with the Sunrisers, in 1996 we broke a 90 with 27 hornline members....

Was it 27? Now I can't seem to recall, but it was something ridiculously small like that, though. :tongue:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is less a matter of being "secret" than it is a matter of corps administration and staff members knowing that this time of year anything can happen and not wanting to promise a certain number then not show up with that number.

Most corps are still filling the last few spots at this point, whether they're advertising it or not.

1 is the magic number... isn't it... :tongue:

The Bushwackers are bigger than last year at this time.

Still need a few low brass players.

The Bridgemen are marching 59 brass, 17 guard, 26 percussion (8-3-5-4-6 (pit)), 2 dm, 4 honor guard for a

total of 108.

This year we will be performing in 6 shows (3 DCA shows, 2 DCI shows , plus our home show 7/17). Of course we are NOT competing.

Hype!

George

In my years with the Sunrisers, in 1996 we broke a 90 with 27 hornline members....

Was it 27? Now I can't seem to recall, but it was something ridiculously small like that, though. :tongue:

If not exactly 27, it was something close to that number, Terri.... 26, 28. Terrific horn line that year.

Didn't Sun win brass with 35 horns once or twice? It was a long time ago, maybe the late 80's/ early 90's, but I know they did it at least once. Bush has won brass with smaller hornlines too in the same era, plus in 2006, although I think that year was one of there bigger lines.

You're right, 20 horns won't beat 60, but you can win brass with 40 to 50 horns if you have the talent. Personally, I like it when corps have 60 or more AND the talent. What a sound!

I know it happened, but it hasn't happened recently and won't ever. If a small horn line of 20 sounds better than a 60 person horn line, then they should be rewarded. It just doesn't happen that way unfortunately.

I love that in your face power of a large horn line, but over my years in DCA (97-05) I have heard some small horn lines that should have been scored a lot higher than they were.

Indeed you did! And had the winning colorguard too. I enjoyed your show that year, but had to see it on the video.